Tuning Dreamline Lite leak

I have an FX Dreamline Lite that won't hold air.

- This is a .177 caliber with the reg set at 95bar. The bottle is a 480cc FX carbon fiber bottle.

- The gun has a leak that is fairly quick---it lost 125 bar in about an hour (225 to about 100)

I have noticed the following things:

1. - When I screw on the bottle I hear a faint hiss sound that seems to come from inside the bottle. On unscrewing the bottle the regulator air also drops to zero—after I pull the bottle off, AND there is a hiss that lasts a few seconds—coming from the valve piece that screws into the bottle. (In the past I have taken off the bottle and do not see the regulator pressure drop. I must turn the reg screw CCW for the pressure to drop)

2 - With the regulator at zero, and the regulator adjustment screw tightened fully, I screw on the bottle. When I then screw the regulator adjustment screw CCW to let air into the regulator, air goes in, but I hear the hissing noise again.

3. - I have applied soapy water around the valves and where the valve screws into the gun and don't see any bubble forming.

Have I damaged the regulator or its seals? 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sounds like you intentionally tried to ruin your regulator while adjusting it under full pressure.

Why be rude. My read of the post is that the reg was only adjusted CCW (counter clockwise) under pressure, which is ok.

GOTCHA MY BAD EDITED IT An observation that's all. Meant to say UN intentionally.

Xyon - I put a bag over the barrel and screwed on the bottle. The bag filled with air! I think it may be the valve. We fired a couple of pellets but it still kept leaking air.

This Dreamline is still under warranty and I will talk to FX tmrw.

I called FX support today, but a tech was unavailable. I will try again.

Thanks again for the tip.

no worries. If it's under warranty I'm sure your dealer or FX will fix it.