FX Dreamline Holds its own

Dreamline .25 with the 380mm/395mm (whatever it is) superior standard liner. Screenshots are from JSB King 25.4’s. The first shots (around 12:37) were when the tank was full 250bar. The last 10 or so shots (around 12:58) were the last shots of the fourth magazine. 64 shots on a 480mm bottle shooting kings in the mid-high 880’s with a short barrel. I love this little PCP.

If anyone is interested in the mods or tune I put on it let me know. One in particular is not very common and noticeably increased efficiency. The photo of the gun was taken right after shooting this string, you can see what’s left in the tank and where the regulator sits.

Spread 9fps
Standard Deviation 2.5

Now I just need to not touch the tune, ha!

IMG_0082.png

IMG_0081.png

View attachment IMG_0083.jpeg

I’d be very interested in the tune and mods you did, I picked up a 395mm barrel from Utah air a while back, and am going to start the tuning process. I initially was going for around 820 FPS as a start point as I’ve seen it as what the short barrel dream line and crown come tuned to.
Thanks for the offer to share what you did.

Regulator is around 140
Huma pin probe
Stock springs and hammer weight
Huma high flow transfer port
Silent thunder ordnance high flow valve stop
Single FX power plenum

Each part added some power or efficiency, but I got nearly 20fps from the STO high flow valve stop. It really opens up the valve.

I measure 17.44mm with calipers for the hammer spring adjuster.

The silent thunder ordnance moderator is fantastic too

Nice! What does the paper say about the tune?
Hey qball. Yesterday we had 11mph winds gusting up to 20. It kept 25.4 kings around an inch, maybe a little bit less. I’m not a very good shot really. I’ll do a proper test in calm conditions and post the target. I always shoot the same distance (maximum of my backyard about 63-65 yards).

I put the second power plenum I had back on and gained another 15-20fps. So I was able to turn the power back a click and maintain 880ish. I never would’ve thought I get this much performance out of a dreamlite.

Would love to find a good slug to use with this gun. FX hybrid, ZAN 26.5’s and NSA 26.8’s scatter like shotgun pellets lol. Just not consistent enough passed 50 yards that I trust it. Don’t need to shoot 100yds, but I like the terminal performance you get from HP slugs.

Reactions: qball
Regulator is around 140
Huma pin probe
Stock springs and hammer weight
Huma high flow transfer port
Silent thunder ordnance high flow valve stop
Single FX power plenum

Each part added some power or efficiency, but I got nearly 20fps from the STO high flow valve stop. It really opens up the valve.

I measure 17.44mm with calipers for the hammer spring adjuster.

The silent thunder ordnance moderator is fantastic too.
In my opinion Donnyfl makes them look cool but STO makes your gun silent.

Reactions: caesar
Hey qball. Yesterday we had 11mph winds gusting up to 20. It kept 25.4 kings around an inch, maybe a little bit less. I’m not a very good shot really. I’ll do a proper test in calm conditions and post the target. I always shoot the same distance (maximum of my backyard about 63-65 yards).

I put the second power plenum I had back on and gained another 15-20fps. So I was able to turn the power back a click and maintain 880ish. I never would’ve thought I get this much performance out of a dreamlite.

Would love to find a good slug to use with this gun. FX hybrid, ZAN 26.5’s and NSA 26.8’s scatter like shotgun pellets lol. Just not consistent enough passed 50 yards that I trust it. Don’t need to shoot 100yds, but I like the terminal performance you get from HP slugs.

what’s your reg and barrel lengths? Try shoot the NSA a little slower and see if your groups get better. Slugs are very muzzle blast sensitive. Also slugs are harder to push so recoil management is needed when you get to the heavier 25 cal slugs.

what’s your reg and barrel lengths? Try shoot the NSA a little slower and see if your groups get better. Slugs are very muzzle blast sensitive. Also slugs are harder to push so recoil management is needed when you get to the heavier 25 cal slugs.
My random experience messing with slugs in my impact compact is I need to shoot them slower than the longer barrel guys. So for example with the .177 slugs im playing with now guys shoot them 960 in a 600 or 700 and they are getting really good for me at 930 in 500. I did just get a heavy liner too and that seems to also be helping.

Someone asked for groups. I haven’t forgotten, just been busy. She prints good enough for me. JSB Kings 25.4 grain. It shoots tighter on wheel setting 4 at around 845fps but I’m good with these results. I strive for higher levels of accuracy out of my Impact MKII but for starlings and woodchucks this works just fine. The hades shoot good too.

Those are 1” squares at 70 yards. Prone with a bipod, holding not dialed and no rear bag. I also just shot this group, it’s getting dark around here and the center dot on the Athlon Helos is twice the size of the small dot I was aiming for up and to the right.

IMG_0356.jpeg