• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Dreamline has its First Failure

I was handling the DreamTac this morning and took a look at the pressure gauge on the front of the tube (sigh). No pressure. Checked the regulator pressure. 120 bar, as set. Okay. Pretty sure this means the leak is at the fill port or the front gauge. It's a bummer, but the gun is 3 years old and has operated flawlessly until now. Guess I'll fill it again tomorrow and see if I can determine the source of the leak. But maybe it's just time to tear her down, inspect and reseal. Now where did I put my replacement o-rings?

I was chasing a leak in my dreamline for a while, well actually a few leaks so I rebuilt the reg it still leaked then the oring on the fill port was bleeding and I fixed that but still leaked. After a lot of aggravation I thought I heard air from the barrel after filling it. My valve seat was cracked so I ordered a new one from Newman at cape fear Airgun along with a new valve pin now all is well

I was chasing a leak in my dreamline for a while, well actually a few leaks so I rebuilt the reg it still leaked then the oring on the fill port was bleeding and I fixed that but still leaked. After a lot of aggravation I thought I heard air from the barrel after filling it. My valve seat was cracked so I ordered a new one from Newman at cape fear Airgun along with a new valve pin now all is well
How old and how much had the rifle been shot when you noticed these leaks? Hopefully it wasn't shipped in that condition, but I question the QC of some makers.

I am hoping my issue is just something simple. But if it's an o-ring and it needs to be opened up, I'll go all the way and tear it down. Time to get to know the high pressure side of this gun. I did find my o-rings, so I am good to dive in and see where this takes me. This gun has been hand pump filled so I am curious to see how it's doing on the inside. Is this problem a symptom of bigger problems? Anyway, I will find out. Just need time, now.
Edited to add: I guess it's iron sights this weekend. Fortunately, I have the Mrod and the 1701P. I am grateful to have these options for fun.

Last edited:
I've got an easy 10k shots through mine before failure. I filled it to 230 bar yesterday. It's only lost 10 bar in 24 hours. That surprised me - I figured it would be empty. The leak sounds worse than it is. I'm going to shoot it a bit this weekend and tear it down next week only as far as I need to fix the seal on the fill port, unless there's evidence that it needs more thorough maintenance.

I was going to dive into resealing my DreamTac to resolve the leaking fill port. I got it out this morning and it had not lost any pressure. Listened to the fill port, where I had been hearing the leak. Nothing. Not a peep. Topped it off to 230 bar from 210 bar. No sound of a leak. Problems that fix themselves? okaaay... Probably some pet hair got in there and has now blown out by the leak and multiple pump sessions to refill the reservoir from zero. Shot a mag and a half of lightweight pellets and am pleased that there seems to be absolutely nothing wrong with the gun for the moment. If it starts leaking again, I'll rip into it. For now, if it ain't broke I'll leave it and keep on shooting.