• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Dreamline compact barrel options

You can definitely add a bottle to a Dreamline Compact. What diameter bottle you can add will be determined by the O.D. of the barrel shroud. The shroud which came on my .22 Compact was definitely larger than on other Dreamline guns, for a bit more silencing volume in the shorter length. As such a standard 480cc CF or 500cc AL FX bottle would not fit (AL bottle just slightly too large, CF bottle way too large - both contacting barrel shroud when fitted).

I did eventually find a 370cc CF bottle on eBay with a diameter of 5.5cm (many non-fitting bottles have a dia of 6.1cm). It fits just fine, and more than doubles the shot count over the standard Compact air cylinder. (Note that this bottle was purchased inexpensively without a valve, but the valve from a cheap FX AL 500cc tank fit right on).

IMG_0819.1602250380.JPG
IMG_0821.1602250380.JPG

There is no reason that a 30cal 380mm barrel would not fit the Dreamline Compact - the barrel/block interface is the same on all of the guns. You just have to address potential barrel shroud/bottle interference issues.

... the valve from a cheap FX AL 500cc tank fit right on).

Nicely done, @TMH!

Question: What tool did you use to remove/reinstall the FX valve on the CF bottle?

Thank you.

Sorry, been at the shooting range all weekend (Cowboy Action Shooting).

I bought the 1/8" pin spanner tool on Amazon per recommendations I had seen.

https://www.amazon.com/GearWrench-GEARWRENCH-Spanner-Wrench-Adju/dp/B07GX5DPZX/

However it seemed to take forever to ship, and I was not patient when my new CF bottle arrived. So I took the valve off using a vice with jaws 'padded' with scraps from a wood plank floor. Worked like a charm!

IMG_0840.1602459505.JPG

So you can either fix the bottle in the vice and turn the valve off using the pin spanner, or fix the valve in the vice and turn the bottle with your hands. Don't forget to de-air the bottle first! Then it is just an o-ring seal, you need to 'break' the initial tightness and then the valve spins off freely. I used the same set-up to tighten the valve onto the new CF bottle.

... the valve from a cheap FX AL 500cc tank fit right on).

Nicely done, @TMH!

Question: What tool did you use to remove/reinstall the FX valve on the CF bottle?

Thank you.

Sorry, been at the shooting range all weekend (Cowboy Action Shooting).

I bought the 1/8" pin spanner tool on Amazon per recommendations I had seen.

https://www.amazon.com/GearWrench-GEARWRENCH-Spanner-Wrench-Adju/dp/B07GX5DPZX/

However it seemed to take forever to ship, and I was not patient when my new CF bottle arrived. So I took the valve off using a vice with jaws 'padded' with scraps from a wood plank floor. Worked like a charm!

IMG_0840.1602459505.JPG

So you can either fix the bottle in the vice and turn the valve off using the pin spanner, or fix the valve in the vice and turn the bottle with your hands. Don't forget to de-air the bottle first! Then it is just an o-ring seal, you need to 'break' the initial tightness and then the valve spins off freely. I used the same set-up to tighten the valve onto the new CF bottle.

Thank you for taking your time to provide the information.