FX Dreamline compact airtube cracked

Found out my dang compact airtube has a microscopic crack. Was trying to fill it and it just would not top off. Felt air but thought it was coming from the nearby tank gauge. Removed the airtube and still felt air. It is about 1 inch from the threaded end. It is a 2021 airtube. Guess I have to buy a new one since this was second hand and probably not warranty-able.

Found out my dang compact airtube has a microscopic crack. Was trying to fill it and it just would not top off. Felt air but thought it was coming from the nearby tank gauge. Removed the airtube and still felt air. It is about 1 inch from the threaded end. It is a 2021 airtube. Guess I have to buy a new one since this was second hand and probably not warranty-able.

You should talk to FX . I wouldn't be surprised if they sent you a new one for free. They have excellent customer service, my experience anyway .

That is such a weird and potentially dangerous issue that even I would contact someone. I don’t know who now, I guess UA. Not necessarily looking for a free handout but to see if there has been any other reports. And maybe you will get hooked up. I still have a tube off my compact and if I wasn’t contemplating selling the gun, I would just send you mine. Have you considered just going with a bottle?

Yeah I sent off an email to Utah Air to see if they think it is covered. They will probably tell me to contact FX. I see they are $200 on Pyramid Air. Sucks as I was looking forward to the weight savings over a 220cc bottle I have on it now. The airtube makes it much less front heavy. It was an extra airtube sitting around that I just switched out and tried to top off.

I don’t know about a weight savings but definitely bulk. I was using a 300cc then switched to a 220cc. Definitely liked how the gun handled with the 220. I haven’t shot my gun with the tube on it since I bought it. I made a real barrel for my gun so I picked up some weight out front. Might have to try the tube the next time I shoot it. If I knew the next owner of my gun would have no interest in a tube, I’d just send it to you. It’s been sitting in the cabinet for 4 years.

Reactions: Joedirt199
Just got a call from Utah Air. Great guys. The small tube is discontinued and they offered to replace it with a 300cc bottle. Since I already got a 220cc bottle I will just stick with that. I will mail the tube back since they would like to see it. All in all pretty good outcome for the ordeal and glad it didn't blow up.

Just got a call from Utah Air. Great guys. The small tube is discontinued and they offered to replace it with a 300cc bottle. Since I already got a 220cc bottle I will just stick with that. I will mail the tube back since they would like to see it. All in all pretty good outcome for the ordeal and glad it didn't blow up.

SPAW and Huma both have the tubes in stock on their websites if interested. I'm about to buy a backup myself after hearing about your troubles. Because I love my Dreamline Compact too much to ever have to part with it.

Reactions: qball
Well double check the dates on the tube to make sure it is not the 2021 ones. Thread over on UK forums says it is a known issue. Saw some on Pyramyd's site to but dang $200 is alot to shave a couple ounces. I will post up a picture of it later. Utah did mention this thread over the phone asking if I was the same guy having the problem. They are watching and trying to help us as best they can.

20240306_175713.jpg
20240306_175641.jpg

It is that tiny little fingernail looking scratch that is circled. Super hard to photo and see.