• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Dreamline aluminum barrel band

Here’s another option from the UK with SMW Engineering. He’s had them for the Dreamline and Streamline guns, and lately started making them for the Wildcats. Great upgrade, a well built 3D product. Definitely removes any question of POI possibilities. A friend of mine had a Shogun on his 700mm barrel Wildcat that showed signs of pellet clipping. I put this baby on and not only did the groups tighten way up, the groups remained consistent with no fliers. I blackened out the exit hole of the Shogun with a sharpie to watch for any new signs of clipping, and all clipping went away.

1586596838_14148593395e918be63a0185.56688499.jpeg
1586596838_11303068345e918be687e163.43019797.jpeg

do they really eliminate poi shifts?

yes they do.sight it in without band then install band for same POI...

there is no way poi will be the same if you install barrel band after sighting in. it will be changed 100%

no it wont.that is how I do it,i sight rifle in and then install band.shoot it a couple of times to see where it hits then adjust band accordingly.please never tell me i cant do something after i have done it on three FX rifles(two streamlines and one dreamline classic).if you just slap it on blind then it will not hit same POI but if one uses common sense and takes their time it can be done and has been done...i speak from past practice...

i have one band(SMW band)that lets barrel float just a very small amount,its on a 25 streamline and shoots hole in hole with band or without it.it is the easiest to get right,just slide it on air tube and be sure barrel is centered in band and tighten it at the air tube...some others fit more snug on barrel and they take some more time it get correct.the last thing you want to do is put band on air tube and move barrel left or right from where it was from the factory,the barrel needs to be as it is in position without band when tightening it on air tube...

i don't want to say that you are mistaken,i just state my what I have done.i have four different barrel bands for streamline/dreamline classic.my first was a barrel support for SMW engineering,it was not much of a band but more of a support to keep barrel from bumping air tube if bumped.the second was a ohio air guns llc band,it was huge and way to heavy duty.i cut it roughly in half then installed it with soft tipped set screws so not to make air tube.it worked well just ugly.i then got a nice thin band off ebay(cheesehead was seller).then got a updated one I helped design from SMW in the UK,it lets the barrel float free a small amount.then I got the updated band from cheesehead and it looks good.same day I get it I see the aluminum super nice looking band.i have not bought one of those yet...

so tsakula if you want one I will send you the ohio air guns llc band for the price to ship which would be $7.50...just PM me your info and I send it out Monday.

The FX band DOES fit very snug on the barrel shroud, IF you are concerned with POI shift after install, PRIOR to install remove the small o-ring inside the band, it allows the shroud to move VERY slightly, yet keeps everything inline and firm from getting accidentally bumped or banged out of place, and will shoot at same zero before the band.
1f44d.svg

i think there is reason why FX put that oring in that band

Sure there's a reason FX added the o-ring….? My guess, anti-scratching of the shroud finish during install. I shot my Classic after band install with o-ring, then removed band, removed o-ring, re-installed band, shot again, same hole. So I chose to leave the o-ring out, barrel / shroud "slightly" free-floated as FX made it, yet stabilized by the band for any accidental impact.

Isn't sheltering-in-place GREAT? So much time for experimentation.😉