• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Dreamline adjustability?

I am considering getting a dreamline (dreampup) to replace my old Bobcat, .22. I like the Bobcat because I can use low power ( 9 ft/lb ) to shoot pest birds indoors, and then turn it up to full ( 30 ft/lb) for small game. This done by the three position knob.

Can this be done with the Dreamline, out in the field like it can with the Bobcat? I appreciate there is the t/p and hammer spring knobs, but can one just turn them to the power they want and easily swap between the power levels using settings worked out before hand?

Shooting pests is part of what I do for a living, and while I like having more than one gun, having one gun that does it all is good. This leads to familiarity and better accuracy out in the field. There are other guns that have the power settings like Air Arms FAC carbines, but I really like the bullpup format, and the dreampup can use the large magazine without having to have the scope so high as it is mounted forward of the breech.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, the DreamPup would offer on the fly or in the field adjustments. Considerably more repeatable external power settings than the 3 that your bobcat.

I’d have to disagree. I’ve had 3 Bobcats in .22 and they are every bit as accurate and powerful as the dream pup. The power adjust wheel gives 3 very repeatable settings. The reality is you’d be trading an older gun for a newer gun but in all reality getting nothing additional for your money... The Bobcat mags hold 14 rounds...

Yes, the DreamPup would offer on the fly or in the field adjustments. Considerably more repeatable external power settings than the 3 that your bobcat.

I’d have to disagree. I’ve had 3 Bobcats in .22 and they are every bit as accurate and powerful as the dream pup. The power adjust wheel gives 3 very repeatable settings. The reality is you’d be trading an older gun for a newer gun but in all reality getting nothing additional for your money... The Bobcat mags hold 14 rounds...

Centrecut, I agree. My Bobcat is accurate enough, and I am only considering doing this because I have had leaking issues with it. To cut a long story short it appears that the valve seat had a very sharp bottom edge on it, and over time with all the use it's had, it appears to have cut into the wall of where the valve seat sits. To remedy this I had placed a .7mm washer under the seat so that the O ring seals on undamaged wall. this worked, but it leaked again, so I put another .5 mm washer in two days ago, and it has held 220 bar for the last two days. But I must admit i'm concerned that it may have had it's day, and the dream pup is a perfect replacement. 3 settings are perfect too, and if I got the D/Pup i would likely only use a couple of settings so things don't get complicated. I had bought it second hand so maybe someone had been a bit rough servicing it in the past as it was a real b.,,ch to get the old valve seat out, and the new one just pushes in nicely..