"Dreaming" of a Dreamline ;)

Keep up the good work Steve. It's not easy to do such extensive testing and keep track of everything, then organize it all and produce a nice video.

We appreciate your hard work.

Thanks for this Bob.

I plan to have 2 for ya'll but it's gonna be tight. Replacement gun arrives Tuesday, will shoot, edit, and post the Vlog vid Wednesday, then spend Thursday/Friday in the chair editing the full review for a weekend release. Then Michael & I leave for SHOT Sunday. Got invited to 10 booths this year so it's gonna be a busy one. FX was really good about sending me a replacement just so I could redo the shot charts and have them right for the vid... after tomorrow, all the other filming for the review will be done... just gotta film the x barrel removal scene yet.

...spent half the day testing & tuning some new interviewe audio gear. Channel Left will be my wireless lav mic and channel Right will be the shotgun mic for the interviewee. This will create a nice tight stereo image for SHOT with reduced background noise. Got her dialed in just right! 

...airguns aren't the complicated part of my world, lol.

Email from me to Beachtek tech support last night;

1547342375_7167686405c3a92278ec068.57572850_Screenshot_20190112-201806_Gmail.jpg

1547342578_17782499985c3a92f281a7b8.43398821_20190112_202105.jpg
1547341731_8251917395c3a8fa38346f7.03913954_20190112_195622.jpg
1547341935_7413733835c3a906fcdf997.91502769_20190112_195931.jpg

OK, so if Steve got one with a bum regulator, that means the test gun is right off the shelf, and Ernst never looked at it. Makes the reviews all that more realistic, doesn't it?

Steve insists that he always gets a regular production gun right off the shelf; no pre-production, no prototypes, no special parts or tuning. This way he can give you the best representation of exactly what everyone can expect.

Steve's the hardest working most credible person I know. I'm proud to have him as a partner.

Despite the apparently poor efficiency, with normal appearing extreme spreads like that I'd be pretty surprised if the reg in the review gun is somehow bad/broken?

Think about Bob's AA S510 performance, and even there there were some not entirely convinced (wrongly though) about the reg being bad. 

I think this is probably just a tuning issue. Hopefully not a design issue.

@BobO I very much doubt it'll be a comprehensive tuning that Ernest gives these - more likely general ballpark one to get them to the approximate power level desired. No way he'd cope with more along with the rest of his job.

On the Ernst tune - I also suspect it won't be the full tune. Probably Ernst will do the design work (selecting hammer, hammer spring, transfer port size and such) and the techs will replicate the tune on the guns as they go through, until the factory catches up. It'll be better, but not the full tune.

As for Steve and AEAC, I do agree that he busts his posterior on these reviews. Excellent reviews with good info. You can sort through most reviews and get the good and the bad for each gun. Very helpful!

Not only can the Svenska folk create and build an amazing trash burning, power-producing, low- emissions incinerator......They're air rifles are leading the way!!

I think I see a trend here. ...😎

Heja Sverige!!........Heja!!

I can only imagine what it must feel like to hold and experience the execution of advanced engineering, coupled together with quality materials, resulting in massive sought after rifle many (including myself) are "Dreaming" of.......Tack så mycket FX!!

The next question for FX, and this is strictly business related, how many guns will you cease production over the next 24 months? The Streamline is obvious, but what about the Bobcat, Wildcat, Verminator, Gladiator, Cyclone, Boss, and other guns whose functionality could be absorbed into this new, mix and match line over the next couple years? This could get really interesting.

Looking really interesting . . . . . . .

Streamline is officially not being made anymore since the Dreamline is essentially the Streamline MKII in many ways. FX USA also stopped bringing in the Gladiator, Cyclone, & Revolution (so basically anything older than the Royale / Bobcat). Everything (out side of the Streamline) from the Royale & Boss on are still in production. Royale & Boss coincidentally just dropped in price by $100. This should be great news to those that love the straightforward consistency of those platforms.

I think it's a smart move. While the other guns have a niche, I believe the Dreamline platform will reduce the demand for the older models. Also, simplify the dealer inventory. The Dreamline will be a whole different dealer stocking animal, so yet a new adventure for the industry pioneered by FX.

Yet another question for FX - Is the Dreamline barrel and Probe the same as the Impact? Will an Impact Barrel and probe fit a Dreamline? Seems reasonable that to reduce model numbers and stocking issues, the two guns may use the same parts. Just a thought, that needs confirmation one way or another.

Starting my fund jar for a Dreamline-Lite RIGHT NOW !!!!! The real truth is I'll only own a Dreamline in my daydreams.

Be positive! I said that about an Impact, and two years later, saving my pennies, I've got an Impact. Dreamline is in my future. I'll have to save my pennies and probably get the synthetic classic (cheapest and one I like the best anyway). then I probably won't buy anything else for a couple years, but I'll have both to shoot and continue dreaming about.

It's only 100,000 pennies!

The Dream line will be my next airgun. I had an impact and it was just too much. I hated putting it through a chrony because every time I did, the velocity was off and I didn’t want to deal with problem solving. Not fun. Anyways, looks like the DL is simpler. I can do that. Plus the price is right. Looks good on video so far.

Gabe