• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Dragunov airsoft sniper rifle

custom-dragunov-airgun-3d-model-stl.jpg

Saw this Dragunov 3D rifle on cgtrader website under 3D Models but can't get original designer to respond, no longer active, wanted one built badly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm looking to start off airsoft sniping but am struggling to settle on a rifle to begin with that suit my budget, which is tight, a few I have heard some good things about are the Jg bar 10 and the asg m40a3 sportline. Can someone tell me which one is better and in what ways? I am willing to stretch my budget a little bit but I probably won't have enough money left to upgrade the gun. Some guns in mind, if I did that, are the tm vsr 10 or the novritsch ssg10a1. Which gun should I pick if I don't stretch my budget a bit more and which gun should I pick if I did stretch it, can someone plz help?
This isn't an airsoft forum, our guns shoot lead.

"Toy" thats not nice to say, i would not go near a airsoft game without full protection for sure.
They might not kill you like our guns can ( even the smallest ones ) But they will take a eye out just fine, or cause severe pain ( say the guy that got shot in the ear by a paint gun from 12 feet away )
And who thought he knew pain already, but a new layer was added that day, and after that no problem wearing ear protection in game.

"Toy" thats not nice to say, i would not go near a airsoft game without full protection for sure.
They might not kill you like our guns can ( even the smallest ones ) But they will take a eye out just fine, or cause severe pain ( say the guy that got shot in the ear by a paint gun from 12 feet away )
And who thought he knew pain already, but a new layer was added that day, and after that no problem wearing ear protection in game.
Paintballs have weight with the speed, airsoft balls weigh nothing. Yes airsoft guns are toys, but of course want to wear eye protection.

O yes, though i can not recall what a paintball might weigh in at, or maybe today there are several weights to choose from.
But yes a small plastic or something like that ball are probably a lot lighter, and it would require a aim past what one of these famous Russian sniper rifles can dish up with to hit the eardrum and rupture it.

My RC cars are also toys really, but with the price tag on them, and their performance VS what i would label a toy RC truck, i would not call my trucks a toy as few kids are able to buy one,,,,,, well kids like i was, at least, at the age of 11 i was generously allowed by my parents to buy a 10 speed race bike with the money in my own piggy bank. ( and we was not a poor family by any means )
But it was not uncommon back then in the 70ties even for the other kids woes father was not a high ranking Communist.

My model trains, well also toys then, but a 1000 USD locomotive are not unheard off, and you would easy be able to get one costing >5X more.

If it is judged by the ability to cause damage,,,,, then wouldn't our airguns be toys too compared to real firearms ?

I would just have written " this is not a airsoft forum" putting in "toy" is a bit of a flip off in my book, but do consider that the English language are one of my #2 languages, so i might well misunderstand something here.

If it is judged by dedication to your hobby, i think there are very many dedicated / serious airsoft players out there.