• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Dragonfly Mk2 full review.

Well dudes it's been a few days since I posted a preliminary review about this rifle. If you read it you know that I had some big problems right out the gate. The accuracy was terrible a couple of pellets would go hole in hole or clover and then a flier would pop out an inch or more and this is at 10 yards. I also had bolts fall out of my pump arm and the trigger was terrible. It was pulling at 6lbs and never hit a wall. I literally never knew when it would fire. I was considering returning it but when I saw my invoice I realized that I was about a week past the 60 day warranty. Well that settled it I was going to go in and see if I could fix it. I removed all the bolts including the stock and pump arm I had tightened down and glued with clear nail polish. I degreased them and removed the old polish. I was surprised to notice that the only bolts that were tight at all were the 3 bolts in the barrel to receiver area. I mean the bolts weren't even hand tight. I can't really know for sure if it came that way from the factory or the tin of pellets I put through it rattled them loose. Either way I highly suggest you go in and retighten all screws and use whatever glue you prefer. The barrel band looked ok by eye but when I unscrewed the bolts they were loose too. I just took the gun out again and I am getting 1/4in groups at 10 yards. To me that is acceptable for a short range hunting gun. The trigger has improved but is still spongy and now pulling 4.5lbs. Still can't find the wall. I just squeeze until it goes off. My accuracy should improve a bit after I polish the trigger or find some kind of mod for it. Someone said that it was the same trigger from the storm rider so I will look it up. Question is the storm riders trigger the same as the qb 79 and chief? If you know plz tell me. Anyway the bolt is smooth and works great. The magazine function is great but it's annoying to load as you put the skirt in backwards. I don't care. Function trumps my fumbling around. I won't be loading in the field anyway. Ok the stock is pretty nice for a 200$ gun. No tool marks or issues at all. The pump works great..... Really great. It works as claimed and is definitely more powerful than my sheradan. The open sights are fantastic. They just work and are easy to see. The threaded barrel is a nice touch but I found that screwing on and off an ldc changes POI slightly. I had no problem with POI change by bumping the barrel and once the LDC was on it maintained zero. That could be the gun or it could be a POI change just from the can.
16626544026764617322447427458348.jpg
Lastly ergonomics. It's great. If you like light and handy traditional rifles it's going to work for you. The scope rail is pretty compact. I used a 1in one piece scope mount and a 4x hawk vantage. It worked fine. So am I happy with the gun? Yes but I don't feel like you should ever have to tighten all the screws in the gun to get it to work. That was pretty uncool. I also had to do the same to my dads gun. Both guns were literally falling apart within 20 or 30 shots. Otherwise I am OK with it. Obviously the trigger is a problem and the accuracy could definitely be improved. I may make a LW barrel work later when I get my lathe and mill but I don't know if that's possible with the way the barrel is connected to the air tube. It's a big plastic connection that might be permanently attached. I might just polish the barrel and do some trigger mods and call it good. Overall I am glad I bought it but have to warn folks that unless you feel comfortable working on your own guns you should probably get something else. I would buy it again and the gun does some things that I really like so that's where I'm at. Hope this helps you and God bless everyone.

Does your gun clack when pumping? I noticed one of the pump linkage rod-hole is oval (the longest rod that connects to the pump handle), where the 3 rods are pinned together. This looks deliberate, but Im curious if you notice alot of play with the pump lever open?
I blue-locktite the threaded barrel adapter and just snugged it hand-tight. Now the LDC removal doesn't change POI.
Definitely a fun gun. I tightened up the pump handle & linkages with some small brass washers, took out a bit of slop.
I hate the stiff trigger- let us know what you find if you dig into it.

Reactions: Bolillo