Dr Bobs bottle clamps for a bipod mount- anyone use them?

Dr. Bob / Bestfitings is the maker or at least the first and only I've heard of and has at least 2 sizes I think. No need to worry about them shipping from the UK, just a couple extra days in the mail.

I've have had several. Never had a USE problem as long as the bottle is the size the mount was meant for. I backed off the concept and sold mine. I kept getting concerned about the weight being carried by the bottle/ action fitting and got even more concerned when the CF bottles became more prevalent. That's ME. Never heard of one single issue, but I've never dug around for potential issues either

Not a good idea my friend they look good on paper and that about it. Remember the bottle is under pressure and is in no way built or designed to have attachments. I briefly had one untill I got a clip around the ear by a old gent who educated me on air rifles if you do do it put strips of leather around the bottle to stop scraching.

Yeah, that was a concern of mine, also, which is why I asked. Thank you.

These clamps have been used on alloy bottles for a number of years and there are, as far as I can tell, no cases of a bottle or bottle housing failing with one. Having said that, you don’t want to be the first as there is no way that the bottle or its housing was designed to make allowances for this potentially massive extra stress. should it go wrong it could be quite an event and one that’s would not be covered by any warranty.

Not a good idea my friend they look good on paper and that about it. Remember the bottle is under pressure and is in no way built or designed to have attachments. I briefly had one untill I got a clip around the ear by a old gent who educated me on air rifles if you do do it put strips of leather around the bottle to stop scraching.

Yeah, that was a concern of mine, also, which is why I asked. Thank you.

Good point. I have been looking into building a rig to hold my air tank in my jeep and was wondering about hard mounting vs. soft mounting. Currently I just use the rubber bungie straps to secure the tank. I dont like the tank just sitting in the back when im out and about on some rough trails.

CF IS STRONGER than the Aluminium 

Carbon fibre has a specific tensile strength of 11.719 times that of aluminium - roughly the same as the value we already knew. So, finally, to answer your question,carbon fibre is roughly 40% lighter than aluminium(per unit volume), and at the same time, roughly 10 times stronger(per unit volume).

go for it. some here have way too many green points, still talk nonsense.

the bipod has to be in the front, not in the middle. simples