• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Down In The Basement

We're very fortunate here in the foot hills of North Carolina and the weather has been simply marvelous for the last few days. Mind you, it has been very strange for this time of year but it has not stopped me from playing with my toys if I feel like playing and that's quite often. I have a little spot reserved for my shooting pleasure that I use daily and that keeps my mind off of things that I can't change. There's no time like trigger time and I'm VERY grateful for that!

I shoot mostly 177 target shooting in basement. Occasionally I shoot my 22 Avenger or my 25 cal Maverick, but not often.

4FE42C16-02B1-4C0F-9465-2537CA8B16C9.1641075977.jpeg

I shoot everyday in the basement at 50 feet. I own a HUGE collection and enjoy Iron Sights offhand best. It's really great for better Field Target standing/scope performance. In order to see my hits without a scope I have a video camera on the target and 30 inch monitor at shooing area. I can even score hits from the monitor. It's really alot of fun.

I also have a crow knockdown and Rat at 7/8" and 1/2'. For 10 meter shooting I have a target crank system with Jacket,shoes,shoe trees,gloves,ect.

For Running bore I have a Gamo traveling Deer target track. It's not competition quality but affordable and fun. Works great actually and batteries last a long time.

I also have a bell target to ring.

Split the Ace of Spades on edge is always a fun time. Novice/Guest shooters in my basement can go home with a card cut in half.

I supplement the basement shooting with other projectiles like archery, Darts, and Slingshots. I'm gettin wicked with Slingshot shooting. I have learned sooo much from web site advice. Best of all, you shoot the SAME ammo over and over. FPS and Ft/Lbs can be impressive.

Enjoy your winter basement.

DonC

Winter is Bench rest for me. Good trigger time at 25 yards and don't need a winter jacket. The different environment makes warmer outside temps more appealing. Not to mention a bunch of good guys to shoot with. Monday afternoons $1.00 for 1 1/2 hrs of practice. We have one competition every month on a Saturday. In March our club in North Berwick will be hosting a 3 day North East Bench Rest Championship. Something to practice for and I find the change from one game to the other very sustaining and rewarding. Our club charges $5.00 to shoot a 3 card 75 shot match and allow for two matches each time we have a competitive shoot. If we know you are coming Lunch is free also. Just a good opportunity to shoot all winter regardless of the weather and save enough money to buy a new gun in the spring. 

Unfortunately can be boring for me, have tried but cant find anyone interested in my area. With my Izy there isnt much I cant hit so challenging targets are hard to come by. Some friendly competition would be much more interesting. Had a small group of guys some years back but health issues took the others way to soon... workinf on a way to shoot outside from the inside!!!