Dove numbers?

Hello, I live in northern Colorado & in general usually see a lot of Eurasian doves which do not migrate south as far as I have been aware of in the past, but it just seems numbers are just not what they were in previous years since they showed up. I know their a very hardy bird as when storms are bad they are the only species I see flying in it. Talked to a fellow hunter I was planting some pheasants for he & his dog at a preserve & he commented on somewhere down south he usually goes for vacation where he just came back from, possibly Florida & mentioned how there was not many doves when normally their eat up with them. He did not specify any particular species! Just curious as to if anybody here has noticed diminished numbers, & not just from all the ones they`ve been whacking! lol

No shortage of collared doves here in Arizona.

Sequence 01.Still001.1644262847.jpg

Thats what Im used to seeing, just seems pitiful this year around my area. Didn't see a Eurasion dove until about 20 odd years ago when I first saw a pair in the middle of a street in a little farm town & figured they were somebodies pets got loose. After that it really just exploded, & not far from there this farmer was over run with them in his feedlot & I got permission with my RWS 350 magnum in 1.77 to whack on them. After a bit, he said whats wrong with the shot gun, & a bunch of us started whacking on them. We shot around 500 that winter & farmer said we better leave some for next year, to which I said I figured therd be plenty more, to which I was not proven wrong. Shot over 1500 the following year, best afternoon was 3 of us bagging 267 in the 2.5 hr shoot. My personal best was 127 with 240 rds in 2.5hrs!  That was going back 10yrs ago now, & numbers I saw else wheres just seemed to keep going up until now! Cleaned them in my backyard & boy do they make a mess. - These days I usually throw them in together with goose breasts when I do a pickle receipe!