Tuning Doux Technologies Plenum Upgrade for Air Venturi Avenger

For guys that have installed these, should they seat fully into block?
I can’t get it to seat down, lubed oring, tried a couple times to see if something would seat. Nope, had to get creative to get it pulled out. Any thoughts?
02EF8F8C-852C-444D-8BD1-D2EC50B13A0F.jpeg

Mine was similar but I put the cap on and used the tool that came with the plenum to tighten the cap which once was tight then tightened the plenum to the block.
But it is possible you may have a burr or something in there, don't force it. Glad you knew to take out the grub screw but I'd remove that completely then once level with the block install the grub.

May go down a rabbit hole with the slugs on the stock barrel. You will find that in the stock barrel those slugs will struggle to make the FPE due to the additional friction along with the choke in the barrel. I will say that 40 grain will most likely be too heavy as I have them too and they did not shoot well for me in the stock barrel.
You’re probably right but it will be fun too find out anyway lol.

They are just hollow cylinders threaded on both ends with male /female ends. So it's just screws together and then you use the stock plug to cap it off at the bottom. Theoretically you could stack as many as you want. Above you see people talking about custom 33 cc plenums which would be about 3 of these since they're ~11 each. It just gets real awkward with that cylinder hanging way down ...

I emailed them before I ordered mine and asked about stacking two of them. He said if you do, you'd have to bore out the transfer/barrel ports to get the most out of the double stack since it would be sending a ton more air through. So if you're up to that, let us know how it goes. My setup is perfect with just the one cause again, it is gonna stick really far out of the bottom. Now if someone could make a 90 degree street elbow, you could make your plenum run parallel to the gun underneath for a more compact setup!

Reactions: SilentSquirrel
They are just hollow cylinders threaded on both ends with male /female ends. So it's just screws together and then you use the stock plug to cap it off at the bottom. Theoretically you could stack as many as you want. Above you see people talking about custom 33 cc plenums which would be about 3 of these since they're ~11 each. It just gets real awkward with that cylinder hanging way down ...

I emailed them before I ordered mine and asked about stacking two of them. He said if you do, you'd have to bore out the transfer/barrel ports to get the most out of the double stack since it would be sending a ton more air through. So if you're up to that, let us know how it goes. My setup is perfect with just the one cause again, it is gonna stick really far out of the bottom. Now if someone could make a 90 degree street elbow, you could make your plenum run parallel to the gun underneath for a more compact setup!
Thanks @EmptyTin_Tim
About that 90-degree street elbow you mentioned:
Do you know what diameter & pitch would be needed to screw into the plenum?

Ed

Thanks @EmptyTin_Tim
About that 90-degree street elbow you mentioned:
Do you know what diameter & pitch would be needed to screw into the plenum?

Ed
No, sorry, I do not have anything to be able to measure the threads. But I can tell you that it uses the same threads as the plenum cap (not the Allen head bleed screw, I mean the whole cap where the bleed screw goes into). So if you have an Avenger you could degas then unscrew the cap and find your thread pitch.

I'm not an engineer but I'd assume having a bend in the pipe would result in a very weak spot on that crease. So just a clarification, I didn't mean to suggest bending a straight pipe that someone cut threads into or to use Home Depot gas line pipes/elbows. We are talking >4k psi here. It would probably have to be a straight shot down with a 45 degree bottom cut, then some 45 degree angled, thick pipe welded to it to get the 90. I'd guess safety is the reason no one has done this yet. I'm sure you knew this, but just making sure! The Doux plenums are thick walled to contain that pressure, the ID isn't as wide as the OD suggests.

Reactions: SilentSquirrel