Double Load Magazine Jam FYI

I searched the forums and couldn't find this particular issue. If its already been discussed I apologize. If not, maybe it will help someone else.
My sons and I were plinking in the back yard today with the .22 Streamline when one of them finished his shot and proceeded to pull the cocking lever back but didn't completely pull it all the way back and slightly moved it forward in the process. It was very subtle as I was sitting beside him coaching him. I proceeded with my shot and the cocking lever would not go forward. No big deal, the magazine must be out of pellets. The magazine would not come out of the gun. No matter what I done it would not slide free of the block. My initial thought was he partially bumped the last pellet up enough to index the magazine but not deep enough into the barrel to clear the magazine. I tried pointing it down and shaking the pellet far enough into the barrel so I could remove the magazine to no avail. The only option now was to remove the barrel. That sucked because the scope had to come off to reach the two screws that release the barrel. Ok, no problem I'll just re zero it after its fixed. Barrel removal was fairly easy. He actually placed a pellet in the barrel and then pushed a second pellet in behind it barely enough to index the magazine and get caught between the barrel and the magazine. Since the second pellet was the last one in the magazine, it rotated and would not let the probe go forward. After all was cleared and verified that no damage was done, I put it back together. Perfect timing to re zero because there was absolutely no wind this afternoon. Got my table all set up and proceeded to put the magazine in and it would not fit. Even though the barrel set screw marks lined up on the barrel, I pushed the barrel just a tad bit to far. It looked exactly the same. So I had to take everything off again and pull the barrel out slightly so the magazine would fit. I missed my great conditions to re zero today, but I did learn some things about my gun in the process. I hope this will help someone else from making the same mistake with the barrel.