• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Dope needs info on Scope

Hi to all ,

In order to save taking up space asking and getting responses to a question I am certain has been asked many times .....

I would appreciate referrals to any links/discussions or individals on bench rest scopes for 75-100 yards with a cost celing of around $1000 max.. Going on either an FX Crown Mk II or an new Impact. Also looking for info here on 1st vs 2ed focal plane for bench rest scope. A lot to ask I know but I'm certain the answers are here some where, I just can't find them.

My thanks to, and appreciation for, all thee amazing info and good folks on this board.

Holden Over

AKA ....Robert

One of my highest quality scopes is a dot reticle. Had it for many years. I haven't purchased any others with that reticle because I shoot holdover a lot and the dot can be limiting for such use but is as good as anything for consistent distance bench shooting or click to zero shooting. Not my cup of tea but perfectly usable.

I prefer FFP for field use with more varying distance shots due to the constant target/reticle size relationship but for bench shooting SFP would seem to be more than adequate. SFP often has relatively larger reticle elements whereas FFP can sometimes get small enough to be difficult to see under some circumstances. Lots of choices these days.

To get a good recommendation maybe more details what you want.

Theres so many options out there, it really comes down to what you want. Are you only shooting at that distance than probably a fixed scope might do you well. If you want a good all rounder I'd put a varible power in first focal point cause the point of impact doest change with zoom only distance and wind affect it. Moa or mrad? Hold over reticle? 

Shoot I didnt get a scope recommend to me cause I didnt like the reticle, what have you looked at and considering