• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Don't TRUST your Safety (NEW GUN)

This is a brand new .25 Power Pup, fresh out of the box.

ALWAYS check the Safety on a NEW GUN! I was just lucky I didn't find this out the hard way.

P.S. Nothing against this manufacturer. It could have been a 1 in 1 million chance and I happened to get it. If it was actually a problem, people would say, "That happened to me"...but I doubt that will be the case.

This video is UNLISTED (not a public video)

Last edited:
Most air rifles, with the exception of a few with true, two-stage triggers, require a very fine sear engagement to achieve a light, crisp release. As such, they require absolute attention to safety to avoid an unintentional discharge. I don't use safeties. If I need to move, or otherwise not release a shot from a cocked rifle, I de-cock it. IMO, safeties should never be trusted, unless the trigger is a true two-stage.

IMHO=the person who relies on the safety is the same one who accidentally kills someone because they thought the devise was not loaded . In other words they were never properly trained in the first place.
1st rule of firearms safety is to treat every gun as if it's loaded, by pointing its muzzle in a safe direction and keeping your finger off the trigger...
Well, the truth is, depending on who you ask...

hopa7dy8bv581.jpg

That's a bummer, looks like someone adjusted trigger incorrectly which is pretty easy to do on FX triggers, Call FX and their tech will walk you through the adjustment.

Like many have already said, I don't trust any safety and never use them. The only safe gun is an unloaded gun....air or not.
Thank you! ..so a simple trigger adjustment will fix it. Good news! Thanks for the tech tip!

Reactions: qball
I'm glad you checked it!

With my kids and now grandkids, they start out not loading ammo into the gun and only being handed a gun when they are in position and under supervision. They do not carry a gun with ammo in it until they consistently pay close attention to where their gun is pointed.

No reason to load ammo into the gun until you are preparing to shoot. With my airguns, I cannot load a magazine without loading the first pellet. Not sure what I will do with my grandkids but I may just discharge the first pellet into the ground so they can carry a gun without a pellet in the barrel. Whether they consistently keep their finger away from the trigger until ready to shoot will help make the decision. With a pellet in the barrel the safety has to work and the finger really needs to stay off the trigger.

I like to stay at least two steps away from shooting what I don't want to. Pointed in safe direction, only loaded when preparing to shoot, finger off trigger until ready to shoot and safety functional and only take off right before finger goes on trigger.

I also prefer guns where the safety blocks the firing pin or hammer on a airgun instead of a safety that just blocks the trigger. But my airguns just block the trigger.