Don't Shoot Your Mirror

ztrirffritz is correct. Returned to the truck from calling bobcats and fox. Set the wildcat down on the front passenger seat butt facing out the passenger door. Didn't discharge the weapon prior to setting it down. Packed away the blind, call and other goodies. Reached down to grab the gun by the pistol grip with the right hand and the butt with my left. Must have brushed or bumped the safety to fire. When I started to lift the gun up from the seat I touched the trigger and poof.... nice quarter inch round hole in the lower rear corner of the drivers side window. The tint film kept the glass from all falling out. Put the blue tape there to cover the hole and hold the shattered glass up and keep it from sliding down into the door panel as it was starting to rain. $96.00 lesson learned. Fortunately nothing worse happened. Now first thing that happens when I start to take down the blind is to make sure the gun is discharged.

I crack open my sliding glass door to shoot rabbits eating in my garden.

Well I washed the Windows the day before, thought I opened the slider glass door, nope! Rabbit in "X" hair, squeeze the trigger, BANG! Very loud noise and my .30 cal@830 fps, destroyed my slider glass door! $325.00 error! Guess who double checks the path of the pellet now?

Sometimes at night I will park my truck up the hill overlooking the hay field to see if any Hogs will come around, saw one moving around and picked my Texan up was going to rest it on the passenger door frame only to realize the window was still closed when I bumped it with the rifle muzzle, all I could think about was thank God I didn't decide to take the bulldog it's so short I would have braced it with my arm on the center console