• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Don't order the folding stock adapter for Panthera! - yet. Issue.

This is a friendly heads-up. FX has screwed up and shipped out he folding stock adapters for the Panthera WITHOUT screws to attach. You cannot use the screws that come on the rifle because they are too long. It is also odd that there is no o-ring or grub screw to plug the hole where air passes through the stock.
You dropped the ball FX.
I reached out to Utah Air about this just now and they sighed and said "yeah, they screwed up and will be sending out correct parts when available."
With FX, God only knows what "when available" means.
Told me I had to take photos and send emails and eventually I will get what I need.

This is not cool FX and Utah Air. Not cool at all.

Reactions: robster01
i wouldnt worry , both have a good rep !

Hard to believe that they dropped the ball like this on both UA and FX ends though. I noticed UA took the adapter off its site now.
Quality control I'm afraid is the burden of the customer now.
I also ordered the K&L Buffer tube adapter for the Panthera and it came used and rusted. Obviously a return they resold, the threads were also damaged.
I even spoke with a tech at FX last week inquiring about there not being a seal on the adapter to stop the air flow that comes through the stock. He sounded confused and said, "It's probably not a problem". They don't even know about the products they distribute? Insane considering what their rifles cost. Insane and infuriating.

Sometimes, stuff like this just happens.
When I bought my K&L bag rider and butt stock for my Prophet, the screws that were packaged with it were too short.
Not a big deal. I did email them. They offered to send me the correct screws and also provided the size they should have been so I just got the correct size from our local NAPA.
Cost me $1.25.

Just screws, nothing to get excited about.

Sometimes, stuff like this just happens.
When I bought my K&L bag rider and butt stock for my Prophet, the screws that were packaged with it were too short.
Not a big deal. I did email them. They offered to send me the correct screws and also provided the size they should have been so I just got the correct size from our local NAPA.
Cost me $1.25.

Just screws, nothing to get excited about.
I agree, It just seems as though this kind of stuff is happening a lot more nowadays.
FX sending out stuff to all their dealers without the necessary parts and their tech not knowing about a part is ridiculous.

I agree, It just seems as though this kind of stuff is happening a lot more nowadays.
FX sending out stuff to all their dealers without the necessary parts and their tech not knowing about a part is ridiculous.
I used to work on heavy equipment, so this is nothing new to me.

I remember the first time I had to replace a water pump on a D8 dozer. I went to the CAT dealer and got a pump. When I got to the job site and opened the box and there was no gasket, I was pretty ticked off. I don't know if it was that they don't come with a gasket or that the smug parts man did not even ask if I wanted the gasket for the part I just paid too much for!😖

A few little screws seem a minor thing to me. Their techs being clueless is another issue.

FOUND ANNOTHER ISSUE WITH FOLDING ADAPTER. Talked to FX today and they are sending me the missing parts. So after work I start assembling the AR stock in anticipation of parts ariving.
There is a little set screw that goes into a groove on the bottom side of a buffer tube that keeps it in propper position. Well, FX got it backwards and put it on the wrong side. so now, if you fold your stock it folds towards the dual gauges and will not fold flush, not to mention risk damaging the gauges.
If you look closely on Ted's video, that little set screw is backed out and you can see it sticking up. He only has the castle nut holding the stock. That way he can fold it to the correct side.
Shaking my head on this one. Calling them back tomorrow. Maybe eventually they will get it right.

It’s always wise for a FX guy to have multiple guns. Which I’m sure you do. Makes it easier when you’re waiting. It’s inconvenient and it sucks sometimes but it’s not the end of the world. Or even shocking headline news. They will make it right and that’s what we need to be thankful for. You could always be having an issue with a Snowpeak, Beeman or others and be left standing with your thumb in your butt.

It’s always wise for a FX guy to have multiple guns. Which I’m sure you do. Makes it easier when you’re waiting. It’s inconvenient and it sucks sometimes but it’s not the end of the world. Or even shocking headline news. They will make it right and that’s what we need to be thankful for. You could always be having an issue with a Snowpeak, Beeman or others and be left standing with your thumb in your butt.
My backup is a Snowpeak :ROFLMAO:
But its a PP700 and I can work on it blindfolded and its been a tank.... And I have it in 22 and 25...So two...
But I also have a 2250 build thats the backup to the backups
And a Crosman 1355 modded out that is a backup to that.
And if all that fails I still have a Cricket Tact II in its original box that I can't sell, so break packing tape in case of emergency..
But this all reminds me I still need to have a HW97K.

My backup is a Snowpeak :ROFLMAO:
But its a PP700 and I can work on it blindfolded and its been a tank.... And I have it in 22 and 25...So two...
But I also have a 2250 build thats the backup to the backups
And a Crosman 1355 modded out that is a backup to that.
And if all that fails I still have a Cricket Tact II in its original box that I can't sell, so break packing tape in case of emergency..
But this all reminds me I still need to have a HW97K.
Yes, a good springer won’t have any down time issues in a lifetime. That springer in the pic with my Dreamtac leaning in the corner is my Webley Vulcan. It’s been leaning in corners since 1983 when I bought it and never had any issues. I’ve had a PP700 since they came out. Not much can go wrong with them once you replace the biodegradable orings.

Reactions: Florida_Man