Don't Laugh! Some Freehand Shootin'

I got a new camera recently and I wanted to do a quick video outside. I of course botched up the recording and missed two shots, but that's ok, I got the shots on video at the target.

I haven't shot my Flashpup a lot in a while, springtime is coming as we all know now that we have to get up an hour earlier here in the US, at least for the majority of the country, but spring is coming, and that's critter gettin' time. Anyway, I wanted to see if I could still shoot offhand, or standing freehand, whatever you want to call it, I've always called it offhand. I have to get used to my trigger, I have a tendency to occasionally shoot when I didn't wanna shoot, it's set light but without the light trigger, I suck really bad offhand. 

That said, all you expert shooters out there, DON'T LAUGH! I'm not an expert, I just wanna know I can take a critter out with confidence.

https://youtu.be/zJWxa9fjbDw

Aim small, miss small. All shooting, whether it is offhand, or from a rest, is about limiting the motion of your gun. Work on being steady and then don't flinch or yank the trigger. Stabilize and triangulate when possible...non-trigger arm against body...shoulder strap wrapped under elbow...etc. Find anything to stabilize...even a finger wrapped over a sapling can help.

Main reason to shoot with tight groups.

1583910145_10471277045e688d01ca8c50.63319864.png

Of all the competitive rifle shooters I have observed, the service rifle folks are the ones I most admire. These folks understand marksmanship, and the ability of the best shooters is beyond impressive, with three-position matches, including standing, out to 600 yards! Preparation goes beyond practicing with the rifle (although there is a lot of that); exercise, diet, sleep, vision, mental conditioning, etc. It ain't easy, or we could all do it! I usually get through about 20 shots, at which point I remember I can't do this stuff, and go back to the bench.