Tuning Don't forget the little seal

after a few trials I found the right piston seal for my little Birmingham Longbow. The " purple one" from Chambers. Worked great, after I changed the breech seal to a OEM. This happened!

image.1621981963.jpg

It it doesn't get too much better in terms of consistency. Tomorrow is range day, I'll see if it shoots as good as it looks on paper!

image.1621982139.jpeg

I got an ARH spring for my Stingray. Webleys seem to have pretty harsh springs. Haven't installed it yet. Busy. And working on another airgun project as time allows. Thinking about trying one in my Tommy too. Gent I bought it from just got it back from David Slade and It shoots really well but a bit harsh recoil. No complaints about the walnut stock. Make you drool it's so pretty. 

Do you find the Longbow spring to be harsh?

HI Karl, this one has a Maccurri with guide furnished by previous owner. He put the kit in it and a Maccurri piston seal. He then stored it away in his safe for so long the moly dried up and it had no wet lube at all when I got it. Put a new Maccurri piston seal in it and it was too tight. Got one from the UK and it worked out great. I put the uk breech seal in as well.

No it shoots nice, and it's nice to shoulder.

The Longbow is often overlooked due to its intro just before the demise of Webley but it had a great stock with reduced thickness above the palm, which creates a defined finger location of repeatability. Its trigger about the best that Webley had come up with and the most massive breech block ever fitted to an airgun…the final design team believing it to be a very important aspect when locking up a break barrel…they could not have made a bigger one.

A few who had these in England reported out shooting their FWB Sports after a modest tune….affectionately known here in England as the Brumbow…. Made in Birmingham (often shortened to Brum in England) and then putting Brum in place of Long….hence Brumbow.