Don't buy pellets from Midway

:ROFLMAO: good one! Wow 6K pellets! And this is why Im coming back to air guns, buying 6K rounds of 9mm would be big $$$ .
Yep, $111.68 for 6K pellets. That would be 9.33 boxes of 9mm (466 rounds). Not really comparing apples to apples with respect to power but I’m looking at trigger time. But 6K rounds of 9mm would be $1440. Big difference.

Buy your pellets from Pyramid air and order enough stuff to make the $150 free shipping. In addition u buy 3 and and get one free. Their shipping is superb. each tin is shipped in tight fitting foam and is protected top and bottom. They then put the foam inside a good carton and ship them. They have obviously been shipping them that way for quite awhile and have solved the problem of dented tins and mushed pellets.

Reactions: mb94952
I ordered six thousand pellets from PA yesterday and although they package very well I asked them to put them in WILL CALL and I’ll pick them up Thursday. That way the FedEx quarterback wanna be’s won’t get the chance to do their due diligence on the package.
I think the question we all have is, what are you going to use the following week?

thats alittle harsh .. i wouldnt blame a whole site for the packing practices of one idiot lol .. its probably some hot little number with blue hair, clueless, and about as dumb as the day is long lol ...
They are idiots with pellets, I had a big order of pellets about year ago, like 25 tins and they were all just loosely thrown in the box, have were all dented and a few tins were open and all over the place, I will never buy pellets from them again

Midway has screwed up every pellet order they have shipped me. I wrote them after the first shipment arrived with all of the tins smashed and pellets ruined. Eventually I got a response along with a nice letter supposedly from the owner. Who screwed up the replacement (so much for the blue haired bimbo theory - it’s a greedy old man instead!) They shipped me one tin to replace the three that had arrived damaged. The replacement tin arrived loose in a bag, dented, pellets once again trashed. When I followed up asking for them to send a replacement for the replacement or to refund my money, they never responded. So I will order nothing from these goofballs who don’t seem aware of the basic logistics and needs of their trade. Probably just a big corporate money making machine at this point - might as well be Amazon or Walmart.

Last edited:
Midway has screwed up every pellet order they have shipped me. I wrote them after the first shipment arrived with all of the tins smashed and pellets ruined. Eventually I got a response along with a nice letter supposedly from the owner. Who screwed up the replacement (so much for the blue haired bimbo theory - it’s a greedy old man instead!) They shipped me one tin to replace the three that had arrived damaged. The replacement tin arrived loose in a bag, dented, pellets once again trashed. When I followed up asking for them to send a replacement for the replacement or to refund my money, they never responded. So I will order nothing from these goofballs who don’t seem aware of the basic logistics and needs of their trade. Probably just a big corporate money making machine at this point - might as well be Amazon or Walmart.
Wow :oops: that's terrible! Thanks for sharing I'll make sure I never order from Midway.

I order pellets from Amazon and Ebay nearly exclusively, BUT I buy my airguns from Midway USA because they have the best customer service.
All the companies ship quickly, but AFTER the sale is what sets them all apart. Hatsan USA is non existent. WORST ever. I was going to say worst customer service ever, but they don't even attempt to try, so it's an inaccurate description.

Midway USA is like Guitar Center. You have to know what you want first of all, and the return policy is excellent. No questions, free returns, and fast. I ordered a new AT-44 .25 last night and it was already shipped when I woke up. I realized I had ordered the wrong model. I didn't want the pump action, but the side lever. So I did the live chat and within 15 minutes the order was changed and it only cost me $16 dollars in UPS fees.

So, to say what others have already said, it's not fair to throw an entire company under the bus because of a dented tin. I've seen people trash a company because they actually took the time to count the pellets in a tin of 500 and it was like 6 pellets short. Talking about a cheapskate, and someone with way too much time.

EDIT : To be fair, you didn't trash Midway. You just said don't buy pellets from them. Fair enough.

I order pellets from Amazon and Ebay nearly exclusively, BUT I buy my airguns from Midway USA because they have the best customer service.
All the companies ship quickly, but AFTER the sale is what sets them all apart. Hatsan USA is non existent. WORST ever. I was going to say worst customer service ever, but they don't even attempt to try, so it's an inaccurate description.

Midway USA is like Guitar Center. You have to know what you want first of all, and the return policy is excellent. No questions, free returns, and fast. I ordered a new AT-44 .25 last night and it was already shipped when I woke up. I realized I had ordered the wrong model. I didn't want the pump action, but the side lever. So I did the live chat and within 15 minutes the order was changed and it only cost me $16 dollars in UPS fees.

So, to say what others have already said, it's not fair to throw an entire company under the bus because of a dented tin. I've seen people trash a company because they actually took the time to count the pellets in a tin of 500 and it was like 6 pellets short. Talking about a cheapskate, and someone with way too much time.

EDIT : To be fair, you didn't trash Midway. You just said don't buy pellets from them. Fair enough.
Good to hear and thanks for sharing your experience, so now I'll retract the word never and I'll consider other items but however I'll purchase pellets somewhere else :cautious:.

Reactions: mb94952
I ordered my 25 caliber Avenger from Midway because they were the only ones that had them at the time. I ordered a few tins of pellets with the gun and scope and all arrived looking good. The pellets were shipped inside the same box as the gun and wrapped in bubble wrap.

More recently I ordered more H&N Barracuda Match in 22 from Pyramid, Field Supply, and Amazon. PA shipped their normal way and the tins looked great and the pellets shoot well. The 3 from Field Supply were shipped in a box and wrapped well with bubble wrap and look just as good as the Pyramid. The two from Amazon were both dented pretty well, I had to use slip joint pliers to open the worse one. But I decided to shoot them just to see how they shot. They did not look bad. I shot my best score ever at the 30 yard challenge with the pellets from the worst tin. It was only one point better than the Pyramid pellets which is insignificant and just random chance. But the point is the damaged tin did not result in noticable pellet damage.

I also bought a JSB sampler from Amazon and had to return it 2 or 3 times before I got one that had decent looking pellets. The "tin" is plastic on the sampler and it looked fine in each case. But when I opened it and looked at the pellets there were a lot of damaged skirts. Until the last one which is fine. If Amazon was not so good about returns I would swear off them but I like them for when I just want a tin or two. Their prices include shipping and PA is at it's worst for these sort of orders. But Field Supply has free shipping if your order is $25 or more so I will probably use them again too.