• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Donnyfl Tatsu

I've got two Tatsu silencers. 

Have had the two on a total of four different guns. No problem on any of the four, accuracy wise, but I have noticed that the gun seems to matter..? Saying that it works well at calming the bark on one gun but not so much on another ?! All .22 cal. Also, the power levels are similar, not exactly the same but close. And one gun that it works well on, is a higher powered gun. I don't understand that one.

Mike

Take it apart and take the tape off the felt and take felt off reassemble and try see how that works for you. On my wolverine 177 the groups came back and it was still quiet

Had to do the same to a Tatsu and a Tanto. Different guns than what OP or Solo1 has, but it worked just the same. Also all my Donny’s like to have the yellow thread tape, regardless of the gun. 

I would say that I had a slight reduction in sound, but the DonnyFL mostly "changed" the sound to be more pleasant and less annoying for neighbors. Sounds more like a nail gun now. I have two Donnys and both had this experience. I was told that the bigger the space in the moderator the more sound reduction. Both my Donnys are Sumo, so I would assume that the Ronin would be slightly quieter. 

I also have a Silent Ordnance Sarissa and that moderator definitely quiets the rifles down an incredible amount, but its got a lot more air space inside the moderator also. So as some have said, possibly moderator to caliber specific?

So with what everyone is saying space matters, bigger volume is better for db volume. So you want quieter you sacrifice compactness. On my 30 impact compact I am shock at how loud it is. I put the very large Sarissa on it and the sound is nothing. But the moderator is longer than the barrel shroud. I out the sumo on it and it's still loud, but its 1/3 the size and less air space. 

I have a tatsu, and it made no noticable difference than the hollow FX mod. But to be fair, it is a litle shorter. Donny FL moderators are probably nice, but I personally will recommend a modular moderator like the one huma make, with removable sections. That way you can experiance with different sections and lenght, all depending on what gun you use it for. If it is to load for one gun, then add another section to make it quieter, and if it very quiet on another gun, then remove one or two sections if you want it shorter.