• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

DonnyFL status on moderators

I'm surprised to hear that.
No insult intended, @lisamike92
Can you provide documentation?
It's pretty well known but frowned upon to talk about here. Both DonnyFL and Saber Tactical are made in China. So yes, most all the stuff you've bought from DFL or ST is supporting Chinese labor markets.

In all fairness, some R&D and one-offs are machined in the US. There was a spat forever ago with the Saber Tactical boxes as they omitted country of origin and PA had actually put once upon a time they were made in the USA. I suppose you could say the DFL moderators are 'assembled' in the USA but the retail aluminum components including cores are Chinese in manufacturing origin.

At the sales volume they have with the cost of US machinist labor...there's no way to turn a large profit. And I'm going to stop talking before I state an opinion that isn't fact-based that'll get me a warning. 😁 To each their own.

Last edited:
Donnyfl. Is made in Florida. In oviedo. About 5 mins from where iam now I've actually been there
Assembled in FL with some RD and one-offs. When it comes to mass production, those LDCs weren't manufactured in the states.

The cores and tubes are made in China--then they get assembled here. Guess it's kind of a moot point now, given that I don't think any of us expect to see a mass re-supply of them anytime soon.

I had an interesting conversation with a sales person at Krale in NL. I was inquiring on the availability of several items on their website including , but not inclusively, DonnyFl Moderators, They carry every model Donny makes, but they are all listed as out of stock. He said these are currently being manufactured and he expects his next delivery in 2 weeks or less.

Reactions: silvershooter589
Some other brands are more expensive for a similar sized moderator than a Donny. 100 bucks on a tanto vs 160 for a huggett belita or a 0db the same size. The tanto worked great on a 30 fpe gun for me so I just got another and saved some cash.

TBH I would use a $40 Buck Rail happily on anything around 30 fpe... or most 25 cal or under applications. Seems to work just as well and it's lighter weight.

TBH I would use a $40 Buck Rail happily on anything around 30 fpe... or most 25 cal or under applications. Seems to work just as well and it's lighter weight.
For low power stuff, the buck rail 3d mods are pretty awesome! I picked up some of his stuff for my Texan too--very high quality prints out of ABS or PC with what I have bought.

Reactions: silvershooter589
I heard about them being made in China and I don't have a problem with that. What I have a problem with is them trying to be secretive about where it's made. I want to know where my money is going to and what country it's supporting.
They weren't being secretive. They even mentioned it in one of their videos. Do some research and check it out. Everything was above board.

They weren't being secretive. They even mentioned it in one of their videos. Do some research and check it out. Everything was above board.
Maybe I chose the wrong word "secretive" to describe it. What I meant is that it's not disclosed as often. I've never seen it mentioned on their website or printed on a packaging label to include the products themselves. I don't blame them though because it might hurt their sales if people really knew.