• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

DONNYFL SHROUD

Just about nothing will run on an Air Force Condor shroud without clipping unless you go at least one caliber bigger.

Air Force only put one screw in that end cap. That allows for canting of the end cap in the shroud tube. That results in clipping. It is my fervent hope that was not an engineering mistake but rather a mistake made by a manager trying to save a few pennies.

That said, if you can get a moderator to run on it, it will quiet it down more. You don't need to go with something as big as a Shogun either.

Just about nothing will run on an Air Force Condor shroud without clipping unless you go at least one caliber bigger.

Air Force only put one screw in that end cap. That allows for canting of the end cap in the shroud tube. That results in clipping. It is my fervent hope that was not an engineering mistake but rather a mistake made by a manager trying to save a few pennies.

That said, if you can get a moderator to run on it, it will quiet it down more. You don't need to go with something as big as a Shogun either.

Could one add a bushing/spacer somewhere to reduce/remove the cant within the shroud? Just a thought. Shame there was oversight there.

-Matt

Could one add a bushing/spacer somewhere to reduce/remove the cant within the shroud? Just a thought. Shame there was oversight there.

-Matt
If you are going to that trouble (which is a good idea) then tap two additional holes around the circumference at 120 degrees. You will have to tap the cap as well but you will have a nice repair. One additional hole at 180 will not do it because the cap could then rotate upon the axle formed by the two attachment screws. Two at 90 degrees might introduce a bit of off set. I'd go with three.

See my status page. ;)

Reactions: Stubbers
Sorry guys,it's called Uni Filter for diesel pre foam filter.it's green but it doesn't really help much.Ive enough used Kevlar wrap and plumber felt, which is very thick.You just need your ear.

Screenshot_20231024-003911_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Sorry guys,it's called Uni Filter for diesel pre foam filter.it's green but it doesn't really help much.Ive enough used Kevlar wrap and plumber felt, which is very thick.You just need your ear.

View attachment 399485
My condr is .25cal,I've used Talon tunes 14", Niel clage custom shroud and Donnyfl Shogun,Ronin.they are so similar to my ear.You really can't hear a difference, now use a ronin with his extension things get a little bit quieter.

I had a shogun in .25 on my 257 texan and it works so good that I could test indoors..full power no hearing protection need.. but depending on the backyard..it might not be still a friendly sound to the neighbors.. but is not all lost ..I had one made 2" -- 16 long so 2" longer that the TT version.. it was a 4 chamber design..hole barely bigger the pellet at full power..it sound like the gun was broken..not a sound att all .

I had a shogun in .25 on my 257 texan and it works so good that I could test indoors..full power no hearing protection need.. but depending on the backyard..it might not be still a friendly sound to the neighbors.. but is not all lost ..I had one made 2" -- 16 long so 2" longer that the TT version.. it was a 4 chamber design..hole barely bigger the pellet at full power..it sound like the gun was broken..not a sound att all .
Good to hear thanks for the info