DonnyFL Koi caliber size question - why is Donny unsure?

I am adding a 480CC bottle to my MK2 Compact. My current set up is a 300CC bottle with a Silent Ordnance 30 CAL Sarissa, works very well but shot count is around 17. Most people know these moderators are very fat. So if I want to go with the 480CC bottle I have to get a much thinner moderator and I chose the Koi.

Yenniedn has done this change with a Koi but in a 25 caliber. Looks great. Problem I am having is the Koi only comes in 25/30 cal model as their biggest. Donny has always said buy one caliber bigger. Well with the Koi I can't do that. 

I emailed and their customer service about my 30 CAL and the response was the 25/30 model "should have enough clearance for you". Is anyone using the 25/30 cal size Koi on their 30 Calibers? Some insight would be great. Thank you.

2 things happened .. 1 me included tend to mount ldc in shrouds extending the length of the factory shroud causing a misalignment of the holes at the moment of the shoots damaging the ldc .. some shrouds are more rigid..taipan, crickets, uragans etc some not by a lot hatsan..etc .. n that is best case scenario .. but in other majority of the cases holes in his ldc aren't aligned 100% to me it has happened in all.the .22 I have purchased so I only used. 22 for 177 .. for 22 I use .25 .in other calibers I have run them tight with no problem..in my .257 I use .25 and in my 308 I use .30 .. one othe thing his treads run I bit bigger than it should.. I came across that treading the barrels of my airforce guns .. I asked the machinists to run the treads tight so the ldc don't wobble to much .. when he show me why it can't be done it was because the treads in the ldc are a bit larger.. still he showing me the measurements, didn't agree..n I purchase tread protectors from a us company in Ebay.. 1/2-20 ... m 14-1.5 those thread protectors fit like a hand made glove .. and the adapters for the muzzle breaks to .. I try them in the machinists tooling and the fit like a glove to ... so treads are not that great causing clipping problems to .. so now you know why .. but he has awesome costumer service.. every LCD I had problems had been exchanged..from the 11 LCD I have 10 are his and are not for sale so is not a bad product .. thanks to him taking the risk..we all enjoy quiet air guns before him...it was a complete taboo , you had to know a guy who knows a guy that makes them. Or make it your self, now you just click and order what you need..from him or any other maker like Huma. 

Donny knows his product but he has no control over other people’s tolerance on the moderator thread. Most of the time they work and should be using caliber matching moderator for best accuracy and performance but one size up is just in case. 

also 17 shots on a 300cc bottle sounds very low even for 30, your tune might be wasting a lot of air.

Hey qball

I had the 30 compact tuned by Spaw and its tuned hot at 920-ish FPS. so it goes off reg at about 17 shots. 

2 things happened .. 1 me included tend to mount ldc in shrouds extending the length of the factory shroud causing a misalignment of the holes at the moment of the shoots damaging the ldc .. some shrouds are more rigid..taipan, crickets, uragans etc some not by a lot hatsan..etc .. n that is best case scenario .. but in other majority of the cases holes in his ldc aren't aligned 100% to me it has happened in all.the .22 I have purchased so I only used. 22 for 177 .. for 22 I use .25 .in other calibers I have run them tight with no problem..in my .257 I use .25 and in my 308 I use .30 .. one othe thing his treads run I bit bigger than it should.. I came across that treading the barrels of my airforce guns .. I asked the machinists to run the treads tight so the ldc don't wobble to much .. when he show me why it can't be done it was because the treads in the ldc are a bit larger.. still he showing me the measurements, didn't agree..n I purchase tread protectors from a us company in Ebay.. 1/2-20 ... m 14-1.5 those thread protectors fit like a hand made glove .. and the adapters for the muzzle breaks to .. I try them in the machinists tooling and the fit like a glove to ... so treads are not that great causing clipping problems to .. so now you know why .. but he has awesome costumer service.. every LCD I had problems had been exchanged..from the 11 LCD I have 10 are his and are not for sale so is not a bad product .. thanks to him taking the risk..we all enjoy quiet air guns before him...it was a complete taboo , you had to know a guy who knows a guy that makes them. Or make it your self, now you just click and order what you need..from him or any other maker like Huma.

This makes total sense. I can see this variables being an issue and seeing why I got the answer I got. 

A koi fit on mine with a hair of clearance. If you use a rail extension, best you get one that's rigid enough to not push on the bottle or doesn't touch.

IMG_20210218_202347_061.1622523837.jpg

I am so spoiled with the silent thunder Sarissa. it's so unbelievable quiet. I hear the air moving through the gun and the impact at target. This is full power 30 cal at 920 FPS from a compact. BUT I want the option for more shots at times so I did the 480CC backup, which should give me a full magazine of shots before falling off regulator. I am worried that I will be disappointed in the Koi or the Huggett Snipe (both 1.22") sound level since I am pretty spoiled. I also hope the POI doesn't change too much and I can swap back and forth easily.