• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Donnyfl fx moderator

Old leather belt and some vice grips worked perfectly. Thanks guys!
1590125182_4179300385ec7627ed4a389.63691211.jpg

So what does it look like under the felt?

I got a tiny one too Eamon, well technically it came with it .. so what I did was use a black sharpie to color it in. Cant even see it anymore. Worked 100%

Those furniture Sharpie-looking pens (hardware stores) work much better than Sharpies.

They come in beige, various shades of brown, then black.

Dunno but Sharpie seems to evaporate in a short while, becomes very faint and is not a real black but bluish, a discerning eye (like mine) can always spot them.

Next time, use a hair blower or a heat gun to loosen things up.

Can't stand the sight of scratches and dings myself.

I sell items just because of that.

got a link dark horse? : )

https://www.tacbro.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=foam

They are perfect tight fit for the Donny FL with 1.22" diameter; i.e., Tanto and KOI, albeit the KOI does not have a matching length.

The 4.7" version fits the Tanto perfectly in diameter and length, as it stops where the conical taper starts.

Fits fine too if you have a Tanto with square ends.

Here is another link for possible sleeves, although some versions have closed ends:

https://www.exercise-equipment-parts.com/nsearch.html?#search/q=foam%20grips&category=hand-grips&sortby=rel&main_category=&page=1&size=15&storeid=yhst-59118648745518/1

DarkHorse, That looks very cool. Great idea! Yes the sharpie has been an old standby for years. I also went on the hunt for a better Sharpie as they do same to fade quickly. The industrial markers really do make a big difference.

I have bought new parts over small things like this. I have had friends throughout that years that are just sure I'm nuts, maybe, OCD. Anyways lol

Eamon

Eamon sir, I accidentally discovered that furniture pens work much better than the ever popular Sharpie.

The Birchwood Casey black pen is even crappier than the Sharpie, lol!

Btw, those TacBro foam sleeves are the high density type..Very durable and looks very nice with the wire/laser cut semi-tapered ends--they ship free, moreover.

I use the same sleeves for my AR A2 tubes.