Donnyfl fx moderator

I own a DonnyFX moderator. No hole in the back cap on mine either. I 3D printed a tool to grab it and open it up as mine was snug as well. I confess, the design is a bit baffling to me. It clearly has tool flats on it, but instead of going with four or six as is convention, he went with five so none are parallel you can't grab it with a normal wrench. *shrug* 

I own a DonnyFX moderator. No hole in the back cap on mine either. I 3D printed a tool to grab it and open it up as mine was snug as well. I confess, the design is a bit baffling to me. It clearly has tool flats on it, but instead of going with four or six as is convention, he went with five so none are parallel you can't grab it with a normal wrench. *shrug*

I saw that too. At least you got yours open so that means I can open mine too. What kind of tool did you print?

I saw that too. At least you got yours open so that means I can open mine too. What kind of tool did you print?

Basically the dumbest looking socket you've ever seen, five rounded off facets to match the end of the can. The rest of it I could grip with a strap wrench. If I hadn't been able to, I'd have printed a tool that fit in the grooves of the front next. 

Quick question guys... has anyone ever opened up the stock fx donnyfl moderator? 

I know his other moderators open to clean and add material . But this one is super tight. 

I'm trying to open mine and it wont budge.

Blast it with a heat gun.

I have a Harbor Freight one that has helped me a lot assembling/disassembling super tight 10/22 barrels and receivers.

It will not ruin the anodizing.

Old leather belt and some vice grips worked perfectly. Thanks guys!
1590125182_4179300385ec7627ed4a389.63691211.jpg

Don't you know I put the smallest bite mark on mine today. I thought I had it totally wrapped, but oh no! Things like that make me crazy, that's all I will see for now on. I had a good friend that said, brand new car, perfect condition, except for the door ding in the drivers door and you will never see the rest of the car again. True that!

Eamon