DonnyFL Fat Boy 2.0 FULL REVIEW by Baker Airguns

Thanks Donnie!! Trying to figure out how this fits into the DonnyFl line. I get the ability to swap calibers, but I'm always looking for stealth. I have a Ronin, Sumo, Tatsu, FX and Tanto. WIll this enhance stealth above and beyond a Sumo on a .22 Huntsman Regal?? Thanks

You're very welcome!

That's a very specific comparison you propose.

I honestly don't know the answer.

So far as how it fits into the line, I think it will fall into the specifics of gun, caliber, tune, and moderator.

From a purely subjective standpoint...the Fat Boy 2.0 and Sumo seemed comparable on the same gun.

The difference being the Fat Boy is shorter.

-Donnie

Funny, on my computer I can hardly tell any difference. I am sure it would be a different story if I was standing next to the gun.

It may be the limitation of your listening device.

Speakers or headphones or whatever.

There is a distinct "CRACK" and echo of that crack with no mod.

With the Fat Boy, it completely disappears.

Even still, the difference is much more obvious in person.

-Donnie

Hmm why would do you say this donny puts out good moderators ? Maybe because it is 4inches long and not 6 inches like shogun , nor is it long like a ronnin , so it has alot volume , This is only model of donny I have not tried yet I found in my shorter ,22 cals I have to run the shinny moderators or barrel or tube hit ,but the short ones I own fix taipans and Rti guns , , I ill try one but fora 22 to 25 low power gun only . I think it should work fine but it isnt for hi powered guns,because of its size ,but it is great for a lighter gun when you don't want to carry a 10 inch moderator so less bulk and weight , , each one has its purpose

LOU

Don’t think the intended use case is to replace ronin or even sumo. This is purely to save over gun length with sacrifices made on the sound moderation performance. To expect such a short moderator to perform just as well as something more than twice the length is simply not realistic. Maybe the expectation is set too high aka too much hype. 

Reactions: MarksmanPete
Don’t think the intended use case is to replace ronin or even sumo. This is purely to save over gun length with sacrifices made on the sound moderation performance. To expect such a short moderator to perform just as well as something more than twice the length is simply not realistic. Maybe the expectation is set too high aka too much hype.

Fair point.

-Donnie

☝🏽

Well said. The hype is expected. They're a business after all. At least they are giving more options for us consumers to choose from. What I appreciate in the new Fat Boy is the new caliber inserts included and the new rear base cap which makes it easier to remove. The older moderators sometimes need an adjustable wrench to remove the rear base caps.

Yeah, as noted, a good try with the new, various caliber insert design, and bringing back an old "look" that it seems people liked, BUT...

I've tried my new, high dollar suppressor on several guns, even my AP16 pistol. All but the pistol were a bust ! And I removed a "single" segment Huma and installed the Fat Boy. Yes...it did make a good sized difference on my pistol. BUT on all the rifles that I tried it on, I'd sorta like to return it.

But I guess it's found a home on my Caiman, which is why I bought it. BUT (again), it's replacing a "two" segment, M30 Huma. Not much of a suppressor right ? Well the Fat boy and the two segment Huma sound MUCH the same. Although the Fat Boy did take a little of the "crack" out of the sound. It's a little more mellow, but NOT any quieter ! Visually, it kinda fits the gun, so I guess it'll stay there.

A lot of money for a look !

Mike

P.S. - My Caiman is only shooting at about 695 FPS !!! And most of us know, that pellet speed and sound go together.

They shoulda done more testing, rather than just settle on an old, or standard design core, with a large diameter body. It didn't work boys.