• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

DonnyFL Big Foot Compressor

Just received my Big Foot compressor that I ordered from DonnyFL. The card with the numbers on it in the pressure gauge is sitting at an angle, preventing the automatic shutoff from working. I figured I'd give them a call and sort this out, but there's no phone number on their website. I'll try to reach them by email but I'd rather speak to a human being.
edit: I've tried tapping it with the handle of a screwdriver to dislodge it. No improvement.

20230501_152813.jpg

Last edited:
I've tried to email DonnyFL by their website contact form and by their email address. No response. I'd like to get this issue resolved and post a happy ending here, but my optimism is waning. I tried to contact the manufacturer but their email contact is only for dealers. DonnyFL has such good reports on their moderators. I figured it would be a safe bet to buy a compressor from them.

Just received my Big Foot compressor that I ordered from DonnyFL. The card with the numbers on it in the pressure gauge is sitting at an angle, preventing the automatic shutoff from working. I figured I'd give them a call and sort this out, but there's no phone number on their website. I'll try to reach them by email but I'd rather speak to a human being.
edit: I've tried tapping it with the handle of a screwdriver to dislodge it. No improvement.

View attachment 353164
just a suggestion.. sometimes if you know what you are doing with tools, repair is easy than a phone call.. if you actually can reach someone.. but I also realize that it also safer for some people who don't know what they are doing to leave tools in the box.. that said it's up to you to decide.. but I would guess the 3 screws on top likely remove the chrome ring.. and if it is made like I am guessing, either the glass will come off with the chrome ring or it's clipped on to the gauge housing.. you have to make sure you mark everything and keep it clocked right and definitely make sure when you reassemble it the pressure cutoff needle is on the right side of the pressure needle..
hopefully it helps but I totally understand if it is not something you want to try.. myself I fix everything unless under warranty, but then again I did a $1000+ repair on my John Deere while it was still under warranty.. because it would have cost me half a day each way to the dealership and then I really had to bail hay, not leave it to dry and burn out all the value ..
I just like seeing things work for people.. hate to see people get in over their heads..
Mark

just a suggestion.. sometimes if you know what you are doing with tools, repair is easy than a phone call.. if you actually can reach someone.. but I also realize that it also safer for some people who don't know what they are doing to leave tools in the box.. that said it's up to you to decide.. but I would guess the 3 screws on top likely remove the chrome ring.. and if it is made like I am guessing, either the glass will come off with the chrome ring or it's clipped on to the gauge housing.. you have to make sure you mark everything and keep it clocked right and definitely make sure when you reassemble it the pressure cutoff needle is on the right side of the pressure needle..
hopefully it helps but I totally understand if it is not something you want to try.. myself I fix everything unless under warranty, but then again I did a $1000+ repair on my John Deere while it was still under warranty.. because it would have cost me half a day each way to the dealership and then I really had to bail hay, not leave it to dry and burn out all the value ..
I just like seeing things work for people.. hate to see people get in over their heads..
Mark
Thank you for your comment and advice. While this is a $1600 compressor, it's Chinese made and quality control is questionable. The three screws all turn freely in both directions with no movement in or out. There is access to the back of the gauge, so I'll figure out some way to remove it. I didn't want to force anything until I heard from the seller. A phone call would have been ideal so I could gauge how much support I'd get from the seller. Good News! I did get an email this morning from Travis at DonnyFL. He said he'll send a replacement gauge out today. There are other small issues with unit that I'll be able to fix with a trip or two to the hardware store, but I wanted to make sure I had a properly working pressure gauge with auto cut off.

Last edited:
Thank you for your comment and advice. While this is a $1600 compressor, it's Chinese made and quality control is questionable. The three screws all turn freely in both directions with no movement in or out. There is access to the back of the gauge, so I'll figure out some way to remove it. I didn't want to force anything until I heard from the seller. A phone call would have been ideal so I could gauge how much support I'd get from the seller. Good News! I did get an email this morning from Travis at DonnyFL. He said he'll send a replacement gauge out today. There are other small issues with unit that I'll be able to fix with a trip or two to the hardware store, but I wanted to make sure I had a properly working pressure gauge with auto cut off.
I got a compressor from air guns of Arizona.. Omega trail charger.. it's a good compressor, does nothing but work good.. and AGA is a great company..
Mark

I got a compressor from air guns of Arizona.. Omega trail charger.. it's a good compressor, does nothing but work good.. and AGA is a great company..
Mark
oh and the screws if they turn freely, ugg probably have a nut on the back side.. I hate those kinds of shortcuts.. probably have to remove another cover to get to the back side.. just like my cab Deere, I have to take the whole top off the cab to work on anything in the headliner, like stereo and heater stuff.. Mark

Reactions: Max B.
oh and the screws if they turn freely, ugg probably have a nut on the back side.. I hate those kinds of shortcuts.. probably have to remove another cover to get to the back side.. just like my cab Deere, I have to take the whole top off the cab to work on anything in the headliner, like stereo and heater stuff.. Mark
You were correct about the nuts on the underside. I removed the gauge and the reason for the malfunction was immediately clear. It doesn't show up in the picture, but the metal housing is bent, preventing the internals from seating properly.

20230503_114033.jpg

You were correct about the nuts on the underside. I removed the gauge and the reason for the malfunction was immediately clear. It doesn't show up in the picture, but the metal housing is bent, preventing the internals from seating properly.

View attachment 353353
Quality Control must have been at lunch when this unit was assembled.

Reactions: Max B.

View attachment 353353
that gauge is toast, even if you could fix it I wouldn't trust it.. glad you are able to get the part and really glad you saw it and didn't assume it was ok and overpressure something and end up with pieces who knows where..
Mark

My Trailcharger has been a trouble free workhorse over the last 1.5 years.
I've probably had mine between 3-4 years..
I have seen a similar looking model, I forgot what it's name is, but it doesn't require the grease pot.. however I turn mine every so often, since I don't have any idea how many hours.. but I have yet to need to refill it..
I like how it's self contained water cooling, the only improvement I can really see is if they put the AC transformer inside and just have alternative power cord.. mine stays on the bench and only 120ac so far..
I like that it makes clean dry breathing grade air and no filters to mess with.. it's a very good unit.
Mark