• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

DonnyFL Airgun Silencer

I have the VULCAN GEN.4 IN .25 CAL. ALL YOU HEAR IS THE LITTLE FART OF AIR! THE IMPACT IS ALL YOU HEAR. ISHOOT RATS IN THE PATIO ATNIGHTS...ALL YOUHEAR IS THEIMPACT...VERY. VERY , VERY NEIGHBOR FRIENDLY...ANYTIME OF THE DAY..OR NIGHT. MY FRIENDS WHEN THEY FIRST HEAR MY VuVULCAN FIRE, THEY THINK ITS A WEAK GUN! BECAUSE ITSSO QUIET... TILL THEY HEAR THE IMPACT AND WHAT DSMAGE IT DOES!.I WILL SWEAR UP N DOWN GUYS....DONNYS MODETATORS ...IS...BYFAR... THE ONE TO GET, TO QUIET YOUR PCP! ILL LEAVE MY NUMBER IFYOU DONT BELIEVE ME! 1808 4830235

The believe the wildcat comes with different styles of shroud, depending on model (mk1, and mk2), and probably caliber (.25 different from.22?). Some has the longer shroud which is similiar to the one of the bobcat. And some has the shorter shroud which basically stick not longer than the barrels muzle brake. The shorter shroud has threads on the end, and probably do need extra moderater, and does not quiet the gun much without one.The bobcat style of shroud is longer than the tip if the barrel, and does not have the same needs for extra moderator. 

I have the Sumo on my Brocock Bantam and the Shogun on an FX Crown. I've switched them between guns to check the difference each of the silencers make on each gun. There is only about a 1-1.5 decibel difference between the Sumo and the shogun when used on either gun. They both do a super job. It all comes down to how much you want to spend and how much length you want to add to your gun. If you just want to make it as quiet as possible, go with the Shogun, it's only 1.5" longer! They're great products, Donny is a super guy who makes great products, stands behind them and his customer service is beyond compare!

I have a Koi and had a Ronin (just sold it last week) and had a Sumo. Tested both Koi and Ronin on my 25 cal wildcat Mkii Compact. Using a SPL meter about 18" in front of barrel and 10' at a 30 degree angle, The Ronin was about 1-2db quieter and a bit less high pitch. That said, I kept the Koi. The ronin was too big for my taste. I only tried the Sumo on my Marauder.

Mark

I have the Tanto on my .22 WC MKII. Dead quiet and looks great.

1530923860_937803665b400b54350ae2.94417373_6DA18C5C-2A48-42A8-B4AD-4AD5D127968F.jpeg

I just installed his Shogun on my newly acquired Hercules Bully in 30 cal. That gun is very loud from the factory, and even though the Shogun did tame it down, I am going to find ways to quiet it down more. I did contact Donnie, and he was quick with the response that maybe I need to check my velocities to see if the gun is shooting too hot. 

I guess the Tim Hill moderator on my 25 Marauder has spoiled me, but the Marauders are known for being quiet right out of the box.

At any rate, I’m still glad I spent the $$ on Donnie’s piece. It is well crafted, and well built on the inside. I’ve only fired the gun about 6 times, so maybe I just need to get better acquainted with it first. The Shogun came highly recommended by Donnie. For my gun I needed something that wouldn’t add anymore weight to a 10 lb rifle. So he suggested the Shogun, to meet both the requirements of noise suppression and not adding so much additional weight.

I want to lastly add, that Donny’s moderator adds to the look of the gun, too.