Donny Fl silencers

it has been discussed to length here lol

do a search,
you shall find the answers you seek :)
Perhaps we're seeing a blind squirrel. But I want this to END so Jeff, Donny IS selling his suppressors but ONLY through dealers. If you happen to be out of the USA he is selling them directly. I most certainly hope this settles it once and for all.

Does anyone know why Donny quit selling his silencers on his site? Does he still make them?

Perhaps we're seeing a blind squirrel. But I want this to END so Jeff, Donny IS selling his suppressors but ONLY through dealers. If you happen to be out of the USA he is selling them directly. I most certainly hope this settles it once and for all.
I haven’t heard of anyone actually buying one recently and Airguns of Arizona doesn’t have any of Donny’s moderator’s listed for sale but I did see some listed on Utahairguns site. I have no idea if they are actually shipping them, you’d have to call and see.
I was under the impression that Donny was waiting for the end of whatever legal wrangling’s his lawyer and the govt are involved in. And that his current sales were only for an overseas market.
Which as of his posting on here about a week ago I think(?) was still not resolved.

I got it. I would delete my question but that does not appear to be an option.
Nothing at all wrong with asking questions. You can certainly use the search function to see if a topic has already been discussed but you sure as heck don’t HAVE to.
I would hazard a guess that nearly every topic regarding airguns has been discussed here before at some point but that doesn’t mean the most up-to-date info is to be found in months old threads.

I haven’t heard of anyone actually buying one recently and Airguns of Arizona doesn’t have any of Donny’s moderator’s listed for sale but I did see some listed on Utahairguns site. I have no idea if they are actually shipping them, you’d have to call and see.
I was under the impression that Donny was waiting for the end of whatever legal wrangling’s his lawyer and the govt are involved in. And that his current sales were only for an overseas market.
Which as of his posting on here about a week ago I think(?) was still not resolved.
i just checked Topgun, only one, and it came up available. YMMV on exactly what someone would want.

I just purchased one from Palm Beach Airguns......no issues.

I did some research into DonnyFl and his troubles with the Alphabet org. I am gathering that his suppressors/silencers operated the same as those for powder burners.

Why wouldn't they? I mean how many ways are there to silence a gun? It is like the disc brakes on all brands of cars are meant to stop the car. In any case, I would not be a bit surprised for the Alphabet org to go after his customers and offer them a one time amnesty program to register any silencer bought from Donny. Of course you would have to go through the Alphabet org investigation fingerprinting getting the ok from your local LEO and pay the $200 transfer tax like on a class 3 suppressor which they are turning these into.

• Wow
Reactions: Firewalker
I did some research into DonnyFl and his troubles with the Alphabet org. I am gathering that his suppressors/silencers operated the same as those for powder burners.

Why wouldn't they? I mean how many ways are there to silence a gun? It is like the disc brakes on all brands of cars are meant to stop the car. In any case, I would not be a bit surprised for the Alphabet org to go after his customers and offer them a one time amnesty program to register any silencer bought from Donny. Of course you would have to go through the Alphabet org investigation fingerprinting getting the ok from your local LEO and pay the $200 transfer tax like on a class 3 suppressor which they are turning these into.

Actually, the DonnyFL moderators are very different from PB guns. Mine have no baffles, just screen and foam like stuff. Shooting a PB through them would just blow the end off.

Reactions: baranjhn
Actually, the DonnyFL moderators are very different from PB guns. Mine have no baffles, just screen and foam like stuff. Shooting a PB through them would just blow the end off.

True to a degree, I had many DonnyFL moderators and they are all full metal with piece of felt as sound absorption. They got into trouble for a reason and more than enough for a 22LR subsonic.

IMHO if you have firearms at all it's best to use only plastic/3D printed moderators on your airguns. Even though it may not fit it's still best to not have a metal airgun moderators in the vicinity of your firearms outside of your home. 1/2 UNF is a common thread on adapters.

I got it. I would delete my question but that does not appear to be an option.
Jeff all questions are legitimate. There are new people joining the forum every day who have not followed every story in detail, so ask away and don't feel guilty. There are no rules against asking questions. Makes for entertaining conversation.

The Class of a thread is all about fit, finish and accuracy. It has nothing to do with diameter or pitch. Google is your friend.
While true the industry standards are as listed for SAE sizes. The op was asking specifically about thread pitches in relation to air rifles vs firearms. My post was to address his specific query and not be pedantic...

Of my many many class 3 devices I have absolutely none that use any thread pitch other than industry standard...ie 1/2 x 28 class 3, 5/8 x 24 class 3 etc... in SAE. There are a couple others but the pitch escapes me, like the 3/4 dia version.

How many do you own and details that are for firearms and in a different pitch? Not including metric like 18 x 1 LH?

@steve-l your
snarky reply about google is both unnecessary and exactly what to do if you do not want to proliferate the sport through the technological media available today. Just to be clear proliferation is survival of the sport long term.

Reactions: Dawkind
The Class of a thread is all about fit, finish and accuracy. It has nothing to do with diameter or pitch. Google is your friend.
Class 3 refers to a category of firearm. In this case, suppressors. Most have threads that attach to barrels and those threads have sizes. IE 1/2 x 20, 5/16 x 18 etc.

Last edited: