• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Donny FL just lost me as a customer

It's pretty well-known that the ST and DFL production products are all machined in China. I believe they started printing it on the side of the product boxes now as for the longest time the origin of manufacture was not disclosed.

View attachment 280892
Good that you set the record straight. Was going mention this.

Many ppl think they are supporting American manufacturing with Donnyfl and saber tactical.

They are definitely expensive enough to be an American made product.

It's pretty well-known that the ST and DFL production products are all machined in China. I believe they started printing it on the side of the product boxes now as for the longest time the origin of manufacture was not disclosed.

View attachment 280892
I just don’t see why people pay that much for saber tactical stuff knowingly it’s made cheap in China when you can buy American made products and usa sourced materials for the same price like Krawford&Lypt etc…to each his own I guess l…

What more can I say, I read all the post and I am just looking else where for my after market parts, I am not going to bankrupt Donny are anything I am just one little customer that is pissed , I always state what gun the moderator is going on . I just think the company just got to big to double check there orders .
I got my 100 dollar part for 120 bucks and its not the money. Its the principle .
Mike

Reactions: M0ist0ne
What more can I say, I read all the post and I am just looking else where for my after market parts, I am not going to bankrupt Donny are anything I am just one little customer that is pissed , I always state what gun the moderator is going on . I just think the company just got to big to double check there orders .
I got my 100 dollar part for 120 bucks and its not the money. Its the principle .
Mike
Some of the posts suggested that you call them to make certain that it's not a misunderstanding. I'm curious to know if have you done that, and if so what did they say?

Reactions: cwcarrera
I just dealt with DonnyFL last night for the first time. Emailed them at 10:00 p.m. from their contact us web form asking for a recommendation for a moderator for my PROD. Recieved a response within an hour. Very detailed and helpful. This morning I placed the order based on their recommendation. 30 minutes later I recieved a shipment email with tracking information. A+ service in my book. Excellent experience.

Reactions: mercado
I just dealt with DonnyFL last night for the first time. Emailed them at 10:00 p.m. from their contact us web form asking for a recommendation for a moderator for my PROD. Recieved a response within an hour. Very detailed and helpful. This morning I placed the order based on their recommendation. 30 minutes later I recieved a shipment email with tracking information. A+ service in my book. Excellent experience.

Reactions: BurntDog
All I can say to the OP is that he seems in his circumstances and situation to be the outlier and not the norm. It’s unfortunate that he’s has a bad taste in his mouth from the circumstances. I mean that respectfully. I have had absolutely stupendous interactions with Donny personally and Izzy just this week. In the first instance I had just bought my first air rifle - 357 Texan and I needed a moderator. I actually live in the Central Florida area And had contacted him that I was looking for a moderator for that carbine. He knew I wanted to shoot it and when I got there he said he did not want to do it at his place of work because it would be too loud so he said get this, let’s just go to my house and use my range!!. When I got there Izzy was there along with a couple other gentleman that work with Donny. I was amazed. We fired the rifle, they topped off the tank!! and then we put the moderator on and wow what a difference.
We went back to the shop afterwards and I picked up an emperor and the extender. Just this week I had a long conversation with Izzy looking for some advice on my next purchase. He was courteous as always, Took the time to explain and give me great information for all of my questions. He was very patient. I had a great conversation. So all I can say is my experiences with DonnyFL and the people that work there is just beyond reproach. Just my 2 cents.

Color me surprised! I don't own and have never handled any Saber Tactical products so I don't have direct knowledge of ST but I own several DonnyFL products. I find the fit, finish, and overall quality of the Donny products to be far superior to anything else I get out of China. Wherever Donny is having his moderator products made in China he definitely seems to have the quality control figured out.
This is no slam on ST or Donny or those who buy their products, but if I can, I will buy from a American company knowing it supports American families...and will pay more for the product knowing that. I'm sure there are American companies that could give the same quality product as the Chinese. Most the stuff I've seen coming out of China were cheap imitations of the original and usually junk. You get what you pay for. But I'm just old fashioned like that.

sure not a usa made product but good stuff im pretty sure they are assemble here is the good old usa buy the guys though great stuff they sell
They are also design by Americans sold by Americans sadly as they explained in a video that when they first started no American company wanted to take on their work (the orders being far less then $10,000 something like that). Now that they have grown they are looking to bring production to the US.

I have never had a complaint with a Donnyfl product/order, but I have had a couple questions earlier this year and his company got back to me within an hour by email. We all have different preferences, but I do know Donnyfl does a LOT for the airgun community. They are the type of company to fix a mistake if there was one. I hope you landed a direct msg or something to his company because although they are the largest moderator company, they are certainly involved with individual airgunners. I can't tell you how many times friends of mine have been personally helped by his company in one way or another.

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BurntDog