• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Doing PCP Correctly?

So I buy a nice gun and find that the Achilles heel is charging it. Researching has led me to believe that compressor maintenance is as bad as owing airplanes. So I go to our school and lust after this.
C8A93103-C833-4972-A987-132239657E04.1650891577.jpeg

So I buy a nice gun and find that the Achilles heel is charging it. Researching has led me to believe that compressor maintenance is as bad as owing airplanes. So I go to our school and lust after this.
C8A93103-C833-4972-A987-132239657E04.1650891577.jpeg

Hmmm?

I currently own a Nardi Atlantic 100, a nice compressor, however not even considered in the top 5 amongst the Alkins, Bauers etc. I purchased this compressor in late 2016 IMS and the only maintenance I perform is every six months oil change. No mechanical problems whatsoever.

Not bad at all, in my opinion.

IMG_2858.1650893903.JPG

I’m waiting on repair parts from China to fix my shoebox compressor (electrical). This makes me serious in thinking about a good upgrade. I don’t mind semiannual maintenance, I just want reliability. I don’t even shoot all that much but don’t care to be hamstrung. The other side of that same room. 

High School (Marine Corps) ROTC?

I’m waiting on repair parts from China to fix my shoebox compressor (electrical). This makes me serious in thinking about a good upgrade. I don’t mind semiannual maintenance, I just want reliability. I don’t even shoot all that much but don’t care to be hamstrung. The other side of that same room. 

High School (Marine Corps) ROTC?

Yep. Awesome program. 

In my experience compressor maintenance has been minimal. I changed oil twice in 23 months. It's nowhere near as bad as airplane (or boat) maintenance & the benefit of being air independent WAAAY worth what little effort I've put in. For every "compressor problem" post you've probably seen on here there are a hundred other guys who've had none (my humble opinion & not a verified fact).

That makes sense. Thank you for the reply. It's awesome your school district allows a shooting program. I'll hold my tongue regarding the view most districts hold on guns of any kind.

Just going to quote this. We have 1 or 2 that allow this three position 10 meter shooting. I'm very surprised that my club doesn't have a league for this or Olympic 10 meter, we just put up a nice building that could be used and have some 20 people wide.

That makes sense. Thank you for the reply. It's awesome your school district allows a shooting program. I'll hold my tongue regarding the view most districts hold on guns of any kind.

Just going to quote this. We have 1 or 2 that allow this three position 10 meter shooting. I'm very surprised that my club doesn't have a league for this or Olympic 10 meter, we just put up a nice building that could be used and have some 20 people wide.

Wishing there was a club in my area. The metro area is over 1 million residents yet no airgunners I can find. Our university has an air rifle team but no promotions i know of. The local dive shop told me of the team when I was researching compressors or I would never have known of it.

Wishing there was a club in my area. The metro area is over 1 million residents yet no airgunners I can find. Our university has an air rifle team but no promotions i know of. The local dive shop told me of the team when I was researching compressors or I would never have known of it.

Kinda makes me want to go back to school. I’m out there for a completely different reason; I work with a mentor team showing students how to build airplanes. This makes the 6th year and the 4th airplane. Twice we’ve had the top marksman working in the aviation program while in MROTC. Great young men and women. 
8415B1DB-3B56-475B-A4CB-59D07BE38818.1651346560.jpeg

That's a nice looking firewall! I hold an A&P, ATP, 2 type ratings, and a number of instructor ratings. I appreciate good work.