Does Wind REALLY effect pellets? WATCH this!

I think he is confusing precision with accuracy. I suppose I agree with him when he says wind doesn't affect accuracy since it is measured with just one shot. A bullseye shouldn't be a suprise if the shooter knows how to compensate for the wind conditions. I think he is talking about precision, though and there is NO DOUBT that gusty winds will wreck havoc on a groups precision especially at farther distances, with lighter pellets, or slower pellet velocities. If the wind is a consistent velocity and direction for each shot, I guess he'd be right. But when is the wind ever consistent?

I ain't trying to pick a fight either, but a 10-12 mph crosswind amounts to I mildot at 40 yards for MY gun with a 18gr. pellet. And if it's blowing 15+ then I don't even waste the lead.

As for the concern of wind when hunting small game..... If it is windy then you might as well stay home and bounce cans across the yard. Squirrels, Rabbits, and the like generally stay holed up tight on windy days, making it hardly worth the effort to pursue them. Therefore spending alot of time throwing lead downrange in the wind, in an attempt to get better at it, is not something I do at all. 

What a crock of BS try telling that to Carlos Hathcock or the young man who holds the record at a mile and a half for the longest confirmed enemy termination if you watch the video from the young man who holds the record now at one and a half miles confirmed he States three different crosswinds pushing the bullet three different directions and that's with an 50 ccal

Wow... I'm speechless. Don't know what to say. Look at the EBR finals last year if you don't think wind affects accuracy. I shoot in the wind all the time, and I've NEVER had a constant wind, but that's in CA east of San Diego. I've had .22 JSB Heavies blown 3 mil dots left or right at 60 yards... Trying to pop a ground squirrel in those conditions is brutal! And try it with 25 mph shifting winds at 100 yards, even with a .30 cal. I'd say without a doubt that wind affects accuracy AND precision. IMHO.

1527189830_1510718825b071146de1ce8.31649815_nosense.gif

Bought me some of them target homing pellets today as well. Worth the price. Even in a 80 MPH crosswind, they were able to change trajectory and hit the bullseye every time. Sure some of them were blown clear beyond the back of the target and then came back through the center causing me to hit the deck so I didn't get hit... but wind is no longer an issue. I don't let physics get in my way anymore!

Reactions: Rodeo
Assuming the man is serious and that the 24 mph wind was not gusting from behind or from 12:00 o'cl but from the side -
then disregarding the fact that his 50 yd groups are very poor; just what do you think he is implying?

Or is perhaps this one of those channels that pays the poster according to the number of hits?
Controversy attracts traffic where solid information often just gets an approving nod.

Me and this guy have butted heads for that exact reason probably a year ago or so. Sells these halfbaked ideas as fact for a headline to garner views.

In the video he references he shows a group thats drifting horizontally and showing only the width of the group as evidence that wind doesnt blow pellets around.

He really doesnt like me for calling him out, oh well. Says he can outshoot me or any of my "airgun clique" and could win EBR IFFF he wanted to. I told him to come join the 100 yard match on GTA he says he will.

And for the record i dont think im an amazing shot or anything but i bet i could school this guy.

Well I'm going to EBR this year and am hoping to shoot well , but mainly for the experience and comradery and to try and learn a few things from the better shooters . 
I'll have to look him up if he's there . Maybe he can take me under his wing about shooting ...and making videos . 
You ca pick up real fast on guys who have never shot competively . It can be a humbling experience at first . Lotta guys would rather be a back yard sharp shooter .....Than see how they stack up in competition.