• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Does the hatsan Hercules regulator fit on Hercules bully?

What caliber are you trying to regulate? A regulator for 22 and 177 cal should work fine, but you will have trouble keeping power for 25 and above because the air plenum on those Altaros regulators are very small. Also consider that the bottle will stick out about 2 inches forward after you install a regulator so the gun will look different. 

"PelletPusher"
"blackdiesel"the air plenum on those Altaros regulators are very small.
I am looking at buying an Altaros reg and didn't know this. What FPE do you think Altaros plenum can handle?
I was referring to the plenums for regulators for bottle guns. The regulators that fit cylinders should be fine up to a 25 cal. Huma 30 cal regulators come with a larger plenum to accommodate the need for more air which helps retain power.

"PelletPusher"
"blackdiesel"the air plenum on those Altaros regulators are very small.
I am looking at buying an Altaros reg and didn't know this. What FPE do you think Altaros plenum can handle?

I'm ordering an Altaros reg for my 25 cal. I believe the regs max out at 150bar. I emailed them asking if they would offer a higher 150 to 200bar range and got no response. I'm going to order it anyway. I'm hoping it's controlled through a bellevile washer stack that I can "adjust" :) 
The plenum is interesting. If I try to mount the reg between the valve and extension tube, it could create a restriction. If I mount it between the bottle and the step up block, there's an extension tube and step up block between the reg and the valve. Essentially making it one of the largest airgun plenums in existence? I'll post photos and results once it get it mounted and dialed in. 

BlackDiesel, do you know if it has to go in one place or the other?

So has anyone actually put a regulator on a bully by now?

Good question, as I’d like to know.

Altaros sent me an email saying they have one for the Hercules model that’s rated up to 170 BAR, and something about adding more washers to get it up to 200 BAR is possible at an extra cost. All my correspondence with Altaros was done thru eBay.

i recently found out about a guy named Joe Korick that can make custom regulators for PCP guns, and after I explained to him in detail about what Altaros had to offer, and what my goals were for my 30 cal Bully(which was to maintain speeds of around 870 average along with a shot count of about 25 consistent velocity shots, he told me no way. Plenum size isn’t big enough, which goes hand in hand with what Black Diesel told me awhile back when I inquired about Rey’s for this Bully. 

So, for now, the reg idea is abandoned and just going to have to rely on hammer spring adjustments.