• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Does the FX Panthera make waiting for a Crown MK3 kind of a moot point?

Thank for your thoughts. I agree totally. I love both my Crowns and they won’t be going anywhere. I just also like new shiny things. The FX Panthera has lots of new shiny things that have my attention😂. The best advancement for me over my Crown is the micro adjustment without having to remove the chassis.
Kenny
I agree with the removing the chassis thing. Luckily mine was set it and forget it, and the Crown shot the 18 and 25 better than another other rifle. I loved that. Hard to find many that you can just set and still shoot both very excellently. I wasn’t happy when I found out I would have to remove it from the chassis, but I liked that I didn’t need too either.
I was more thinking that it might not be any reason moving forward to continue offering a Crown option, if they have the long rifle platform in the Dynamic and Panthera, especially if they can put it in a wood/synthetic stock to fill that role for some people. If people have a Crown, and just shoot pellets, probably no reason to upgrade.

So far I’m really loving my 600mm Panthera in .25. It is set up for BR only and has the pellet liner. I just really liked the precision rifle look of it over the Impact. I’m also going to be putting a Crown in the Saber chassis together in .22 for 50yd BR and the one gun challenge.

IMG_1169.jpeg

Last edited:
Is it possible to exchange the heavy upper barrel for a standard upper barrel from an FX Pantera .22 to make it shoot 18gr and 25gr JSB pellets as well as an FX Crown? If the answer is yes, just have an FX Pantera with a more up-to-date platform. Would anyone know if this is possible?
Yes. On the Panthera you can swap out the barrel liners. They come with the heavy superior liner but you can purchase a standard superior liner and change it out. I have ordered a Panthera and it will be arriving on the Fed Ex truck today.
Kenny