• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Does the cold affect pcp making them leak?

I have 3 pcp airgun. The marauder, fx impact and wildfire. They all hold air for months and years when I store them indoor. I never had a problem with them leaking. I took them out to store them in the garage. Temperature I live can get below 0 degree outside. Left them for a few weeks and went to get them out. They all show 0 psi. So I air them up and the next day they are drop more than half the psi/bar. So there is a leak somewhere. But its very small leak and cant be hear with the naked ear. I'm trying figure out where the leak is from without using soapy water cause the last time I used it moisture got inside the guage hole and rusting the tube inside the gun. So now I'm just taking the guns apart and lube the o rings and put them back. But even after I still get slow leaks overnight it would drop 10 to 20 bars over night. Anyone having same issuse when store in freezing temperatures? Now I know not to store airguns in a garage or outside.

Remember the space shuttle? I rings can become very stiff and crack under high pressure when exposed to very low temps. My guess would be a split or cracked o-ring. I often shoot my guns in the freezing temps but they are stored indoors and never have issues

Yep, same here. Keep them indoors, shoot them outdoors in weather from 90F to 15F, and the only issue I ever had was my check valve on my 909s got sticky, and kept dumping the tube when I would bleed the line after a fill. Some silicone grease on the probe fixed that for me.

I hunt with mine year round. -30*C to +35*C . I tend to leave the more complex guns ex: Impact , bottle guns , regulated at Home in freezing temps . Not because I’ve had problems with them leaking , I just don’t want any condensation freezing between shots. This is where the simplicity of the Evanix Rainstorm type actions with only a few components really shine.