• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Does swapping from slugs to pellets affect accuracy without cleaning the barrel?

Hi. My plan is to shoot slugs for longer distances and in the open. Some of the pest bird shooting I do is in barns where I want to be able to shoot pellets, to prevent damage.

Has anyone swapped from slugs to pellets and back again without cleaning the barrel and seen any impact on accuracy of both?

I use an Impact .22 with a 600mm Slug A liner. 

If the swop from slugs to pellets does have a negative effect on the slugs in particular, I can always find a low speed tune for the slugs I use which is accurate enough up to 30/40m to consistently hit a pigeon by turning the power wheel down. 

Any guidance and feedback would be appreciated. 

Kurt

Most guns will vary in POI with different projectiles at a given tune. So switching between slugs and pellets will most likely affect "accuracy" whether or not the barrel is cleaned between swaps. I too use the power wheel as you propose, and it's a great feature to get you close to where you need to be. But in my short experience, I tune to 1 projectile for accuracy and accept what I get with others using power wheel adjustments.