• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Does everything on my rifle look OK for HFT?

Hey all, not sure if this is the correct place for this. Just curious if a knee riser like the one I made is ok for HFT use?
Thanks

20230508_164905.jpg

20230508_164910.jpg

Reactions: thane
For Hunter you're allowed six inches of depth, from the center of the barrel to the bottom of the riser.

Visually, that looks close....

Is the peg to use as a stop for the bipod? The way the rules read, that peg counts against you for depth....But hopefully somebody else will come along with their interpretation of the depth rule.
"Fore end depth is limited to a maximum of 6 inches, measured from the center of the barrel to the
lowest part of the rifle forward of the pistol grip."

Also, if this is a .177 @ just under 20fpe, I bet it's almost silent, with that extra mod on there.

For Hunter you're allowed six inches of depth, from the center of the barrel to the bottom of the riser.

Visually, that looks close....

Is the peg to use as a stop for the bipod? The way the rules read, that peg counts against you for depth....But hopefully somebody else will come along with their interpretation of the depth rule.
"Fore end depth is limited to a maximum of 6 inches, measured from the center of the barrel to the
lowest part of the rifle forward of the pistol grip."

Also, if this is a .177 @ just under 20fpe, I bet it's almost silent, with that extra mod on there.
Yes it is for a stop, if I trim it to just the acorn nut I'll be under 6 inches from center of the barrel to bottom of the nut.
I appreciate the clarification about the stop counting as well.

The stock is actually from you Motorhead via a couple of transactions.
I really like the way it feels and shoots. Stupid quite in the backyard. Can I turn the post sideways? Need to get out and work out my hold over better. Took you all's advice and set my zero out at 30 yards and hold over above and below that. Thank you for the information.

Reactions: Headshots
The stock is actually from you Motorhead via a couple of transactions.
I really like the way it feels and shoots. Stupid quite in the backyard. Can I turn the post sideways? Need to get out and work out my hold over better. Took you all's advice and set my zero out at 30 yards and hold over above and below that. Thank you for the information.
Must have been AJ's Taipan, who got it from another AGN member.
If the case ? My RED Lam stock was originally fitted on your gun & swapped with original owner, that stock on mine .... Musical chairs on that one ... Lol

Reactions: Raysfan