N/A Does anything compare Tx or HW

The Diana 48 TO6 is an excellent air rifle with an excellent trigger.

Both Maccari and Vortex kits are available. I have Air arms, Daina , and HW air rifles, and I can not say any one shoots better than the other. The 48 was actually the rifle with the best trigger straight out of the box.

Anyone wanting a high quality air rifle with an excellent trigger at an affordable price should not look past a Diana 48, I would suggest purchasing one before the price starts reflecting the quality.

Reactions: fishing43
I had a 48 for many years, loved it.had to sell it for reasons beyond my control.
I now have a 54 and a 56 to replace my beloved 48.
They r both tac drivers.

IMG_2081.jpeg

IMG_2082.jpeg

For fit and finish? A small handful, but you'd be looking at quite a bit or Wayyyy more than your $500 and then have to try finding one.
The Cometa's don't have the fit and finish of the higher end guns but by all reports, the 400 series are seriously accurate, now have the option of a metal trigger and depending on which you might decide on have both Beech and Walnut options.
There are others and the Dianas come to mind since I own a couple of D34's but like anything else out there need a little tweaking to get the best out of them.

Reactions: Star7
Dont pass up mike melik at dragon air rifles i just got a x25-s a rws 34 copy and it shoots good. 200 for basic tune or 250 for full tune. The new rws 34 are no good from what i have read and gas rams that go bad. The x25 from what dad seen from the full tune that everything inside was better than the old rws 34. It doesn't have a choked barrel but mine was shooting pretty good here is a pic from 30yards by my buddues boy with h&n ftt. The 2 bottom shots were different group.
1000005190.jpg

Reactions: fishing43
Is there anything that compares at a better price point? I just can't justify $500+. Used don't seem to exist. Looking for accuracy and trigger, don't need a walnut stock.
Awhile ago, Scott Hull was shooting a highly modified Chinese side lever and kicking butts in regular USA field target. He was consistently beating TX, Hw, Walthers, and some PCP. Thank goodness he has moved on somewhat over to Extreme PCP, bench rest etc. The guy is a shooting machine.

So yeah, if you want to skip the blink, buck the trend, and save some money, I think those Chinese side levers were less than $80-$150 new? (around 2010). So, it can be done with the right platform and accurate barrel. All you need is time and knowledge.

Hopefully Scott will correct me if I'm wrong...I think it was a TF/QB 58? (unfortunately...no longer made)

Scott shooting a blistering 97.5% in field target in 2016 (that reference is towards the mid-bottom of the post.)

Last edited:
The only one was the Walther LGU which is no longer made. If you check the results of FT matches in the springer class, most top shooters use the TX or HW. If I were you, I would wait a while and save my pennies until I could afford one. You can buy a cheap one now, but eventually, you'll buy one of these.
I have not shot a LGU, but picked up a couple LGV's. They really are nice shooting guns. I haven't really used a spring gun in awhile, but I'll be using the LGV.