N/A Does anything compare Tx or HW

I can't speak from experience, but I've heard good things about Cometas. Top of the line new ones can be had for $350 or less. They're gas ram, though, not springers.

There are some nice YouTube reviews, and one reviewer praised how light their triggers can be adjusted. And, coincidentally, there's a thread recently started on this forum by some Cometa aficionados:

I have a stable of diana's and yes i've owned about all the higher end springers at one time. If you are after sexy looks, great blueing and higher resale value, then stay away from the diana's, lol. But if you are after a workhorse that is easy to work on and will still hit the mark and last a long time, well there you go.

So I'm probably a bit biased here as I'm the importer for them but those Cometa 400s and Fusions are a lot of gun for the money, especially so now that the triggers can be upgraded to metal. I just got in a few of the gas ram models as well and let me tell you those have some of the best triggers I've felt on a gas ram gun. Plus you can get a walnut stock for well under $400. This is one I pulled out of the box for a customer yesterday. All in he was $349 for a moderated, walnut gas ram. Coil spring guns are a bit cheaper still but you do want to tune them just like any other springer.

20240428_153418.jpg

So I'm probably a bit biased here as I'm the importer for them but those Cometa 400s and Fusions are a lot of gun for the money, especially so now that the triggers can be upgraded to metal. I just got in a few of the gas ram models as well and let me tell you those have some of the best triggers I've felt on a gas ram gun. Plus you can get a walnut stock for well under $400. This is one I pulled out of the box for a customer yesterday. All in he was $349 for a moderated, walnut gas ram. Coil spring guns are a bit cheaper still but you do want to tune them just like any other springer.

View attachment 459893
Well I guess s guy could not complain on the stock .. that one looks nice to me ..

That's an outstanding piece of wood. I've mostly focused on vintage over the years, and I'm playing catch-up with the contemporary airgun scene. So, forgive my ignorance, but is that the Cometa Fenix 400 Premier, and are you the owner of Keystone?

That's an outstanding piece of wood. I've mostly focused on vintage over the years, and I'm playing catch-up with the contemporary airgun scene. So, forgive my ignorance, but is that the Cometa Fenix 400 Premier, and are you the owner of Keystone?
Yessir, Keystone is my little side project. That gun is the Cometa Fenix 400 USC Premier GP (gas piston) in .22 cal. For the same gun in coil spring you would just drop the GP at the end of the name. Some people like gas piston more while others like the tunability of a coil spring. Some people like them both. To each their own.

Reactions: A.G.R and PaulK62
Well then, it looks like I did you a solid with my little Cometa promotion. I'll be calling you for my discount. ;):)
I'm actually running two promotions right now. If you buy any air rifle at double the price you can get the second one of equal or lesser value for free! No coupon required! 😆

The other (less awesome promo in my opinion) is that promo code AGN will get you a free tin of .177 or .22 JSB pellets with your rifle purchase. That one will be good for a couple of weeks.

You can even combine those if you like!

Yessir, Keystone is my little side project. That gun is the Cometa Fenix 400 USC Premier GP (gas piston) in .22 cal. For the same gun in coil spring you would just drop the GP at the end of the name. Some people like gas piston more while others like the tunability of a coil spring. Some people like them both. To each their own.
What size spring do they use. Coil count ,,wire size.. ?

I was shopping the keystone site the other day. Definitely appreciate the shot string, and pellets used for fps numbers instead of the std. Undefined claim of x-fps with lead, x with alloy.

Reactions: Sqwirl57
are the GP's tunable ?

are the GP's tunable ?
They're just your standard ram but based on the 30 minutes I spent with them on Saturday there's no reason to tune them. They feel great with the factory 17fpe ram. I will be bringing in some 12ftlb rams for people who want them though so I guess spending the 3ish minutes swapping the rams could be considered tuning.

Reactions: beerthief
I started with a Diana 48 in .22, talk about a steep learning curve, LOL. Then a Diana 34 in .177 and finally a LH TX200 in .177. The 48 was sold and the 34 rarely gets used as it will shoot great for several shots then drop one 8-10". It's been apart several times, but I've found nothing obvious.

The TX is a fantastic rifle, very consistent shooting accurate rifle. The first shot will be in the same group as the twentieth. Expensive, yes. Is it worth it? Only the buyer can answer that.