Does anyone smell a MK4 coming down the road?

FX has never stopped improving their product so I foresee the new impact with stiffer "backbone" with the valve from Panthera. Seems like a natural progression to me, my guess is later this year or early next year.

MY QUESTION is: is there a way to fit the new valve into my MK2.3. Technically older impacts would only need a new power power block. 🤔

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
FX has never stopped improving their product so I foresee the new impact with stiffer "backbone" with the valve from Panthera. Seems like a natural progression to me, my guess is later this year or early next year.

MY QUESTION is: is there a way to fit the new valve into my MK2.3. Technically older impacts would only need a new power power block. 🤔
Unfortunately putting the 'short impulse' Panthera valve in the impact would be all but impossible without a major redesign. I doubt the inertia of adding the massive long valve stem an impact needs as well as the valve adjuster would be anything but detrimental to its function. The Panthera valve form is more an evolution of the crown and wildcat type. So if there is any bullpup directly developed from it, it would likely be along the lines of a mk2 maverick.

Unfortunately putting the 'short impulse' Panthera valve in the impact would be all but impossible without a major redesign. I doubt the inertia of adding the massive long valve stem an impact needs as well as the valve adjuster would be anything but detrimental to its function. The Panthera valve form is more an evolution of the crown and wildcat type. So if there is any bullpup directly developed from it, it would likely be along the lines of a mk2 maverick.

Why do you say it’s impossible? It looks like a modified big FX valve to me. If you look at crown and Impact valve they really aren’t that different.

Very popular mods for the M3 are the stiffened backbone among others. Do you think FX is working on a MK4 version?
Nope. They just came out with the Panthera and the new block for the body on that gun. They are going to put all their effort into that system.

Either that or the M4 will be available as soon as the Halo pellets are here ;)

Why do you say it’s impossible? It looks like a modified big FX valve to me. If you look at crown and Impact valve they really aren’t that different.
...without a major redesign is what I said. You are not understanding my meaning properly. Very little is entirely impossible and pretty much all valves look similar. I am simply saying is that the actual panthera valve can't be plonked into the impact as is, but with an impact stem, and be expected to function the same. The weight and inertia of the comparatively massive stem (plus with the added weight and inertia of the hammer system riding on it) will have a significant effect and therefore require a redesign into what amounts to a unique valve in order to have the same function.

I have no doubt they'll adapt the idea in some way. It's their flagship gun and the m3 was already more of a sidegrade to the mk2 than an upgrade. They need to shake things up there and what better way?

...without a major redesign is what I said. You are not understanding my meaning properly. Very little is entirely impossible and pretty much all valves look similar. I am simply saying is that the actual panthera valve can't be plonked into the impact as is, but with an impact stem, and be expected to function the same. The weight and inertia of the comparatively massive stem (plus with the added weight and inertia of the hammer system riding on it) will have a significant effect and therefore require a redesign into what amounts to a unique valve in order to have the same function.

I have no doubt they'll adapt the idea in some way. It's their flagship gun and the m3 was already more of a sidegrade to the mk2 than an upgrade. They need to shake things up there and what better way?

have you upgraded an impact valve before? The valve on the impact is in the rear block so all they have to do is make a new power power block in place of power block. I already upgraded mine to M3 spec or power block so what's a big deal of having another new rear block with the new bigger valve and passage upgrade? They can even increase the PP size while they are at it....AGAIN!

have you upgraded an impact valve before? The valve on the impact is in the rear block so all they have to do is make a new power power block in place of power block. I already upgraded mine to M3 spec or power block so what's a big deal of having another new rear block with the new bigger valve and passage upgrade? They can even increase the PP size while they are at it....AGAIN!
Yep I have. Several times. And made valves and other parts for many other guns. Installing a new power block or three doesn't mean a heck of a lot.

I've tried explaining my reasoning already. Was just trying to help with your question. The whole thing acts as a unit and is behavior relates to more than simply the sealing surface and seat. But believe what you will.

They'll figure it out and I'm sure you and many others will be happy with whatever they come up with.

Guess we can agree to disagree. Having a new rear block and long valve pin isn’t complete redesign of the gun. to me just the power block is a complete new rear block is not a complete redesign, the impct is extremely modular. So maybe the context is different.

Last edited:
My humble opinion is that it is finally time for FX to produce models modeled after the Skout Epoch valve and that would be smart for Daystate as well!...

If all airguns are the same then the world would be a boring place. There are many ways to skin a cat then there are many different applications……apologies to cat lovers.

I tried a skout, whiles it is very nice but zero desire to buy one, bought 6 FX guns and looking at 7th. FX is indeed scraping by not copying Skout, I’m sure daystate is in the same dire predicament.😳

My intent was not just about new power blocks, valves and such, but chassis improvements to stiffen the system for better accuracy. Surely the internal air flow system can be improved for better efficiency, higher velocity, higher shot count and lower air consumption. I believe that would require significant R&D, but that's another subject.

Reactions: Macros and qball
My intent was not just about new power blocks, valves and such, but chassis improvements to stiffen the system for better accuracy. Surely the internal air flow system can be improved for better efficiency, higher velocity, higher shot count and lower air consumption. I believe that would require significant R&D, but that's another subject.

Chassis improvement is really easy, we already have 3rd part upgrade. FX might not beef up the “backbone” or main rail too much to leave some room for 3rd party upgrade, the stock “backbone” is good enough at lower pellet power. I had great accuracy with my original MK2 before pushing into power level well beyond original design/spec.