Does anyone shoot wadcutters with their Red Wolf .177 ?

I did a search but didn't find much of anything to satisfy my curiosity.....

Do any of you out there shoot wadcutter pellets through your Red Wolf .177 HP and what were your results?

I have a selection of different weights and brands of wadcutters here and I am thinking of trying them out (or use them up you might say) for some "offhand" shooting practice with my RW .177 HP. The RW is set up to shoot 8.4 gr pellets at around 11 fpe on the low power level so I "think" I should be ok on speed with 8.X gr wadcutters. Once I get around to trying them I'll put the chrono on to check out the speed, etc.

• Did the wadcutters do OK for you or not?
  • Which brand & weight wadcutter pellets did you use?

Thanks all!

I can't comment specifically about how they'll do in a Red Wolf but two of the best wadcutters I've tried have both been from RWS...the 9.3gr Supermags and the 8.2gr R-10. Maybe I got a unusually good batch but the Supermags in particular group well in virtually every barrel I've tried.

For example, one-holing them at 30 yards with a LW barrel at 12fpe:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khiYSopVXes

And although a wadcutter usually won't group well at higher speeds, the Supermags apparently didn't get the memo. At 900fps they do dime groups at 30 yards from the OEM barrel of a $100 QB79. A wrecking ball to gray squirrels and chipmunks.

Thanks everybody for your input!

I've got tins of the pellets in the picture + I've got some R10's around here somewhere. The weather's going to be a little warmer near the end of the week so I hope to get out and give some of them a try.

Tins.1641219109.jpg