Does anyone remember shooting out the star at county fair with machine BB gun?

Also called a hanging Chad...

I thought this was pretty darn ironic. This could also be titled how not to shoot a bull’s-eye and shoot a really good group. 
2FCA7520-B23B-40FD-87AB-8C5D1F8F5E1E.1614121563.jpeg
E0883C71-59E9-4A9E-A34D-2A3B685D703F.1614121563.jpeg

I was trying to shoot some 25 shot groups at 100 yards today winds were 5 mph or 4-5 inches. temperature 35. Rifle was red wolf 25 kings power medium.

l got the star once...at the fair. Anyone else invest in that game?
mike

Reactions: crosman2016
I always try whenever I see it, twice I have succeeded albeit it has been a few years since the last successful attempt. I feel like the guns have gotten jankier and the "100" bb's less and less. I was out to the mall a couple of months ago and there was a small shop that had an airsoft range with falling targets which offered a prize for a perfect run on 25 targets. My first time through I missed 3 shots right out of the gates due to the sights being way off, adjusted the windage and dropped all the rest of the targets in order, paid for the second time through and won my daughter a stuffed bear. The guy behind the counter said it was the first time he had to get out the ladder to get one down. 

I can remember shooting a 22 short at the fair, they had little mechanical ducks going around in a circle and metal knock down targets. And they gave you 10 shots...and handed you the rifle. No strings no chains, the rifle was in your hands in a busy public place. I particularly remember that the rifle didn’t kill anyone.

mike

Wow I have not thought about those in many years! I haven't seen one since i was a kid. I never could get the whole thing, one time I thought I would be smart and shoot around the clip that held the target up. The guy running the game politely picked up the target handed it to me and said " looks like you missed ". Funny the things you remember. I wonder if someone could build one of those? That would be fun in the garage range.

We had them here in Aus, back in the mid-70s. The trick was to empty the mag in one long burst and sometimes you would be lucky to get the whole star. If you tried using short bursts it was impossible because it would take a second or two for the gun to build enough velocity to even pierce the card so most of the BBs would be wasted. They were good fun but frustrating because you would nearly always run out of ammo before that star was gone.

I have seen those guns for sale, and considered them more than once. I loved the star game, but probably only played it a few times. I do recall the very first time I did it I had not been paying attention and I carefully, and easily, blasted the center out of the star and waited for the guy to come congratulate me on my prowess... <oops!>. I don't think I ever succeeded, but I'm sure Eaglebeak is correct about doing it in one go, when the Carnies demonstrated it, that's how they always did it.

GsT