• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Does anyone own a Air Venturi Nomad II Portable Compressor, 4500 PSI?

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/nomad-ii-quick-unboxing-and-first-fill/

Bob has one, here’s his thread. I’m personally biased against AV since I had a horrible experience with the booster they made, but this is a different unit and hopefully the QC is better. 

Hit the search button up there ^ and type in Nomad, see what else comes up. Check out the Compressor section too. 

https://youtu.be/AjZH3qC7JZw

AEAC’s take. Hope this helps. 

I have owned one for about 3 weeks and must say it is great so far filling from either 120vac or 12 vdc. It has no problems so far filling a 480 cc bottle gun to 4500 psi. Takes a little longer than 3000 psi fills but does not run over 10 mins. I think if you do the regular maintenance it should last a long time. Still a lot of money for air but beats going to the scuba shop for tank refills or heart attack hand pumping. 

I will probably get a negative for “ not it’s intended use “ by some busybody but I have to say that it WILL fill small pony tanks (88-90 ci) in 500 psi steps with a 5 min rest between steps to 4500 psi no problem with ending current draw (built in meter) of no more than 22. I don’t think it knows the difference in tank size but I would not push it more than 90 ci, but I don’t have to because all I own is a 90 ci Benjamin bottle. Just do more maintenance if you fill a pony tank in STEPS. And ALWAYS start at 0 psi and open your tank valve when your gauge pressure is at tank pressure.

Looks like about everyone’s sold out and back ordered on the Nomad II, might have some trouble finding one right now. 

Dennis

Reactions: cec9796
@intenseaty22 i seen that video and a few others…its a difference between those who are tryin to sell a Product and those who actually Bought it…from the sound of it it seems like you can Relate? Thats why i post questions first and do as much research as possible....but i appreciate your honesty feedback...

Right, I understand. Was just trying to help. As far as I know, Bob bought his and isn’t trying to sell it. Perhaps he can weight in on that. 

Personally, I would never buy an AV compressor based on my experience with the booster. 

I have the Crosman/Benjamin cousin to the Nomad, called the Traveler. I am quite happy with it, although I did add an aftermarket filter/dryer to keep the moisture out. I too use the pump "not as intended" and know full well that I may have issues with it in the future. Call it a calculated risk. I fill to 4300psi, stopping every 10 minutes to allow it to cool and to manually purge the fill line. One cannot stop the pump when the fill whip is pressurized over 3500 psi and expect the pump to restart against the load. On the Nomad, that will blow a fuse and cook your control board. It is a game changer to have access to all the air you can handle. Now I need to order more lead :)

I have had one for just about 2 months. I shoot in my basement range just about every day. So every other day I have 2 - 4 rifles to top off. So far it has functioned flawlessly. Very quiet and reliable. Having said that I just got an Omega Turbo Charger and a tank so moving forward I am not sure what role the Nomad will play. But to date it has been a champ.

Reactions: Killemdead
I don’t have that unit. ........I also had a bad time with the AV BOOSTER. They gave me a full refund as credit. I just got the AV HPA 110v compressor. The female quick disconnect won’t fit on my Benjamin guns and the fill probe for my Huben K1(which I filed down so it would fit) won’t engage with the gun to fill it. The Huben fills fine from my tank. PA is sending me a new qfd for the compressor hose.