• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Does anyone knows why?

This is indoor 25yds shot from target 1 to 12 and start over from target 1 to 12.
Two 12 shot strings.

The strange thing I can't understand is that (except 2,4,12) shots are showing tendency of
drifting to same direction and about the same amount. 
I didn't took shots back to back to same target. There were 12 shots between two shot on the same
target.

Can someone explain why?

Thanks and appreciated.

Were you shooting indoors or outside? The rest don't look bad at all. It looks like you need to adjust your sights to hit the bull.

Another question, what size pellets at what speed from which gun? You could be getting spiraling?

If it's none of that then you just need to practice a consistent hold and trigger pull.

Hi John_in_Ma,

Thanks for the advice.

I'm shooting indoor.
With the walking around impact point, it's going to be difficult to zero the gun. (?)
I'm using 22cal, JSB 18.1Gr, shooting ~750fps +/- 8fps. (the rifle has regulator in it)

You are right for sure... I need to practice a lot more.
At least, I have some consistency(?) when it comes to same target though.... :)

Thanks for the help. Appreciated.

Found the source of problem.
It was mainly due to the front rest.
I've been using primos hunting tripod which has 'V' shape rubber on it.
Rifle was sitting ever so slightly tilted and it is different target to target but, it's (almost) consistent
when I come back to same target.

After changing to bench rest(plastic one), it became very consistent.

Now, I have to come up with a method to make it consistent even with hunting tripod.....
or different rest for hunting.

Thanks for help and advice.

Joong, As you figured out you cannot reliably check the gun/pellet accuracy or consistency form a bi pod. The best way is off a rest on a bench or other stable platform.

The various sand filled bags are perfect for this procedure. I use the Caldwell Tack Driver bag, even though I have a mechanical front rest. It is just more convenient to pull the bag out and start to shoot without fiddling with knobs if not doing a serious competition.

As for the hunting bi-pod. I assume you have the Primous Trigger Stick. I have one too and found the best method for using it.

It is too wobbly to hold steady in the straight up position when the game is in your sights. You need to worry about focusing, aiming and shooting.

I let the handle and "V" fall left or right until it stops. Then the rifle will be solid on the V. Put the rifle level and you are ready. You will need to trigger the height a little higher then normal to allow for the cant of the handle...Try that and see if it works for you...