• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Does anyone know user Tan_k ?

@Tan_k contacted me via e-mail trying to sell me an Edgun Veles, when I reverse searched the pictures with google they were stolen from an old thread it was already sold in years ago...

He then PMed me and I saw the 1 feedback traded, pretty much knew right away what was up as I've seen this type of attempt before. This was the first time I got a PM on AGN though and not just an e-mail, so I gave him a few days to respond to my question of "Where did you buy the gun?" but was banned before able to answer.

The email he used was:
[email protected]

Just incase he tries to email anyone in the future

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: MysticalDragon
It is getting Bad lol . I really wish they would just hide the classifieds until the criteria had been completed and then it just popped up and could be viewed haha. I pass on so many offers and items of interest at the slightest hint of wonky haha.

If the WTB is so awful it would be so beneficial if the moderators and staff kept a decoy account / accounts and ask for super rare or hard to obtain expensive items to trap or lure the scammers in to Ban them . Haha I am sure that is to much to ask of any of them as we all have lives that keep us pretty busy but just a thought :giggle:. Be extra safe out there fellows :coffee:

It is getting Bad lol . I really wish they would just hide the classifieds until the criteria had been completed and then it just popped up and could be viewed haha. I pass on so many offers and items of interest at the slightest hint of wonky haha.

If the WTB is so awful it would be so beneficial if the moderators and staff kept a decoy account / accounts and ask for super rare or hard to obtain expensive items to trap or lure the scammers in to Ban them . Haha I am sure that is to much to ask of any of them as we all have lives that keep us pretty busy but just a thought :giggle:. Be extra safe out there fellows :coffee:
Yeah one of the UK forums won't let you view the classifieds section until you meet the time/post criteria. That would be helpful.

I've usually seen with these types of scams, they never have pictures that aren't just copy/pasted from old threads so always make sure to do a "image search" with google at the least if you feel something is off.

Posting a WTB add is like covering yourself in honey and laying on an ant mound. I never have but I’ve noticed most scammer stuff is related to members in need.
Hey, truth be told though, it worked! I just had to do my due diligence on the 3 people who reached out, 1 I knew was a scumbag, 1 was this guy i posted about, 3rd guy, perfect :D so I am glad I did. I do agree though, asking for trouble if you're not diligent.

Reactions: MysticalDragon
Hey, truth be told though, it worked! I just had to do my due diligence on the 3 people who reached out, 1 I knew was a scumbag, 1 was this guy i posted about, 3rd guy, perfect :D so I am glad I did. I do agree though, asking for trouble if you're not diligent.
Every time I see a WTB add I think I hope that guy is on his A game. It’s a shame.

Could not agree more. I think it should be 100. Not only does it add more contribution to the forum with meaningful posts before they decide to descend into the abyss that is the classifieds, it keeps us and our gear safer.
I agree with you the number should be raised, but not so much we reach diminishing return. I initially came here as a source of information. I soon acquired so many guns I needed to cull the heard. But even though I spent a ton of hours on the site I had zero posts. Posting can be intimidating because there are so many knowledgeable people here I didn't want to look any dumber than I did end up looking. So I just started posting anything I could think of to get to my 10 and a few of the posts were probably garbage. Once I got full membership I sold 2 guns to two very good buyers, I've been thrilled with the classifieds. My point is; if you set the minimum number too high you will increase the volume of garbage exponentially. Or just as bad, the life blood of any site, on any subject is new members who post new content, get more views, they're buying from AGN advertisers, etc. I know AGN management knows this, they have statistics on viewership to sell advertisers. My guess is a good portion of this site is made up of seniors who will age out, nice way of saying goodbye. We need a flow of new blood to thrive. I suggest doubling the number to 20 and test the results, moving up gradually until you reach an optimum. The 3 most important factors in marketing are; test, test, test!

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
I’ve bought a couple of rifles on the forums and have been very lucky so far.

I recently sent money F and F though PP. I did my investigation into the members profile and cross referenced his phone and address. Older member with a modest amount of posts …. Still you get the uneasy feeling when you hit “pay “”
You just never know. Someone leaving the hobby for good might turn.