• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Does anyone know user Tan_k ?

I hate making posts like this but I've done a ton of transactions here on agn and have a good feel of "something doesn't seem right"

This user reached out to me in regards to my wtb ad for an A A A Slayer, one of the rarer rifles to pop up for sale and most who own them don't want to sell them.

I asked him to text me and he did, albeit quite some time later.

My phone will tell me who the phone is registered too however for this number from a Florida area code it it was deemed to be a VOIP caller.

Voice over IP

I know VOIP setups are used for other type of scams and the shortness of the 3 texts really had me feeling something was off. I didn't even let it get past "pleasantries" before saying good luck I am not interested.

I then check the feedback and it shows he's left 1 and has had 1 left.

The 1 left was from user Gaga , both left feedback for one another saying they're both great sellers.

Tan_k barely has enough messages (10) to partake in classifieds and Gaga does not.

Either way, something just does not feel right.

Screenshot_20231111_071924_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20231111_071953_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: maxtrouble
Go with your gut.

Seems rather odd that gaga has one post total and then has feedback from tank. Also no activity for over a year for either of them. They certainly arent well established.

I understand a measure of anonymity online, and I often use programs like text now and text free (they actually saved me when my phone stopped connecting to the network and had to be upgraded) but a situation like this I wouldnt hide my primary number.

To be clear, I have no desire to explore this "option" any longer. However it would be nice to either get clarification on it or make a scammers life harder.

A buddy of mine was recently scammed and luckily with due diligence from the tight nit airgun community it came close to full circle in the end.

Last edited:
Gaga has a huben pistol in their profile picture

@Michael @Moderator2 @Moderator3 @Moderator5 @Airgun Nation

Can we check the IP and whatnot I think we have a person posing as two people.
Thinking you might be right, especially since the feedback they left for each other was almost identical. three + vs four + so which one sold to the other? It makes no sense.

This is starting to smell worse and worse which is sad.

Gaga has been a member for 3 years and has ONE message? A gun that costs as much as an AAA, and a WTB response? HELL NO! I'm seeing more of this lately, members who created an account years ago and let it cool off before scamming. Likely both accounts belong to the same person. It's like embedding terrorists into a country for future use.

We have to be more careful now than ever. You can't just look at how long someone has been a member. You have to look at how much and what type of activity they've been involved in AND feedback. I've even had 2 long time members here with little activity that were fringe scammers (claiming issues after shipment to get a reduced price) in the last couple years. Thank you for the heads up, both these members are BLOCKED.