Does anyone know remsouille or born2fizh?

Remsouille is on the known scammers list and I assume born2fizh is probably not far behind. Did you send them money?

Screenshot_20220605-221918_Chrome.1654482051.jpg

He came from this forum. I had posted a want ad for a Discovery airtube and adaptor. He sent an email as remsouille telling me I had missed a tube for sale by born2fizh. He (remsouille) even gave me born2fizh's email. I querried him via email, we came to a price (I offered $40, he wanted $50, so I agreed). Sent him the money via PayPal for "Disco stuff", I'm hip to the gun thing on PayPal, then never heard from him again.

Not a lot of money, but I hate getting snookered. He'll get his in the end, and I know that. But for now, I feel violated by someone I "thought" was a kindred spirit. Oh well, live and learn....and all that jazz...

Chris

He came from this forum. I had posted a want ad for a Discovery airtube and adaptor. He sent an email as remsouille telling me I had missed a tube for sale by born2fizh. He (remsouille) even gave me born2fizh's email. I querried him via email, we came to a price (I offered $40, he wanted $50, so I agreed). Sent him the money via PayPal for "Disco stuff", I'm hip to the gun thing on PayPal, then never heard from him again.

Not a lot of money, but I hate getting snookered. He'll get his in the end, and I know that. But for now, I feel violated by someone I "thought" was a kindred spirit. Oh well, live and learn....and all that jazz...

Chris

Pretty much the same for me. Was looking for the pin probe for my Mav, Got the email that so and so has it, emailed him, came to price, sent it. He then said it was refunded and showed a screenshot. I opened a dispute about the refund then saw this thread. Live and learn I guess.

Learned long ago never ever never ever ever ever ever bother with a WTB ad. 90% scammer replies.

Always get a phone number and call them. I also ask for their name. Then I go on white pages and reverse search the number. All you can get for free is the first letter of first and last name but that tells you if they are being truthful to that point I guess.

Currently on American airgun classifieds there is an fx maverick listed at a great price. Reverse search their phone number and owners name doesn’t match what is on the ad. Didn’t even bother to contact them. I mean maybe their wife owns the account but it also could be a kid or a scammer. Just not worth the bother.

Last edited: